12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2014 7:17 AM by the_wine_snob

Adobe Premiere Elements. Crash at transcode

monschauer

Dear Adobe Community,

i got every time on ~66% a crash on transcoding. I will export (AVCHD/Bluray) my movie on a Disc/Computer but there is always the same problem with a movie longer than 1h. If i cut this movie to half. It works without a problem. I tried to export the 1st and the 2nd half that i can exlude errors in my files/jpegs. Both are export without an error.

Tried exports:

short/large movie with export option DVD. working.

short movie with export option AVCHD. working

short movie with export option Bluray. working

large movie with export option AVCHD. crash

large movie with export option bluray. crash

No entries in the event log. Only the message in elements with aborted transcoding.

I tested CPU/RAM with  >5 hours Prime/OCCT stable.

What else can i try?

Sys:

Notebook: Sony VAIO VPCF11S1E (Vaio VPC-F Serie)

Prozessor: Intel Core i7 720QM

Grafikkarte: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Thank you in advance

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements. Crash at transcode
          the_wine_snob Level 9

monschauer,

First a few questions please:

1. What version of PrE are you running?
          2. What OS version are you running?
          3. What are the details of your laptop's I/O sub-system, i.e. the number of HDD's/SSD's, their size, amount of free-space on each, speed and how allocated?
          4. What is your Project's Setting, determined at New Project?
          5. What are the pixel x pixel dimensions of your JPEG's?
          6. Assume that you are Importing AVCHD Video. Is that correct, and what are the details, such as Frame Size, and FPS?
          7. Assume that you are in PAL-land. Is that correct?
          8. On the long Timeline, do you have any gaps in the Video, that are not covered by other Video, a Still Image, or a Title?

Good luck, and let us know a bit more, please.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements. Crash at transcode
            monschauer Level 1

Hi Bill Hunt,

thank you for your reply.

1. Tried it with version 11 and 12.

2. Windows 7 64-Bit

3. This primary (500GB) is splitted 250 to 250. Free space on C: are 60 GB. On an extern hdd drive are these source videos/images. Free space is more than 120 GB on this extern drive.  on C: are saved projects

4. HD 1080i 25,00 Frames. I will export to Blu-ray with h.264 1920x1080i PAL Dolby

5. Pictures are jpegs withs ~4-5 MB. 4320 x 2432 , or 2560 x 1440 or 2033 x 1441

6. I Import vidoes of a camcorder panasonic HCX929. 1920x1080. Framerate 25. average rate 1,4 MB

7.yes, PAL   

8. No, cant find any blank things.

Thank you in advance.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements. Crash at transcode
              the_wine_snob Level 9

monschauer,

Thank you for that information.

1. Since the external HDD is involved in some aspects of editing, exactly what is it being used for, i.e. media files, Scratch Disks (media cache, preview files, etc.)?
              2. What is the connection type for the external, i.e. USB 2.0, USB 3.0, other?
              3. To which HDD, or partition, are you doing your output (Publish+Share) to?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements. Crash at transcode
                monschauer Level 1

Hi Bill Hunt,

1. it is used for media files only.

2. the connection type are USB 2.0

3. I tried it to export on c:, or at my external as AVCHD. Both didnt working. If i choose burn to bluray i think it will use C: as temp drive. isnt it? But the error appears on all.

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements. Crash at transcode
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

monschauer,

With only 60GB of free-space on C:\, I worry about having room for a large file, in Publish+Share.

You have partitioned Drive 0 into C:\ & D:\. What is the size, and amount of free-space on D:\, or is it ONLY a recovery volume?

Just trying to think through everything.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements. Crash at transcode
                    monschauer Level 1

Hi Bill Hunt,

isnt 60 GB not enough for a movie longer than 1 hour? I think it should pass, because if i click on bluray adobe told me that the disk will be ~15 GB. C are ~250 GB and D are ~250 GB. On D are only private pictures with a free space of ~200GB on D. Should i try to give some more GB on C?

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements. Crash at transcode
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

monschauer,

Sixty GB should be adequate, but is not really that much.

Some considerations:

• If Windows Virtual Memory (Page File) is dynamically managed, it can grow, using HDD real estate.
                      • With Transcoding of a muxed file (both the Audio & Video Stream in one AV file), the process goes like this - first, the Video Stream is written to a file, then the Audio Stream is written to a separate file. A working file (small) is also created, then the muxed AV file is assembled from the two Streams, so at one point, one has the Video, the Audio, the working file, and then the finished, muxed file. When that has been written, the two separate Stream files are deleted - still, there are three large files that reside on that destination disc.

Still not sure that this is the problem, but it could definitely play into it.

Since we have eliminated gaps, a common issue with failure to Transcode, I would think about that 60GB of free-space.

Also, others might have some ideas on troubleshooting.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements. Crash at transcode
                        monschauer Level 1

Damn... tried it yesterday with a free space on C: 160 GB. (added 100 GB to C:) still the same problem. It still crashes on 66% every time. Thats not only one movie. I can test it with 3 movies longer than 1 hour. Every time the error is at 66%.

Any idea?

• 9. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements. Crash at transcode
                          monschauer Level 1

Hi Bill Hunt,

i got a info to create an new administration account and try with these one.

Finally it crashed again on 66%, but with an event log.

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, Version: 11.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5041d43d

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: mc_enc_avc.dll, Version: 8.5.0.5184, Zeitstempel: 0x4ff260b7

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005

Fehleroffset: 0x000000000002757c

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x874

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cf2ca939298336

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\AdobeElements\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\AdobeElements\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\mc_enc_avc.dll

Berichtskennung: 0dee2331-98ab-11e3-9023-5063139f3a94

adoberr.jpg

How can i fix this?

• 10. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements. Crash at transcode
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

monchauer,

Thank you for that information.

Translation of the error log:

Name of misapplication: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, version: 11.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5041d43d

Name of the faulty module: mc_enc_avc.dll, version: 8.5.0.5184, time stamp: 0x4ff260b7

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Error Offset: 0x000000000002757c

ID of the faulty process: 0x874

Start time of misapplication: 0x01cf2ca939298336

Path of the faulty application: C: \ Program Files \ Adobe Elements \ Adobe Premiere Elements 11 \ Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Path of the faulty module: C: \ Program Files \ Adobe Elements \ Adobe Premiere Elements 11 \ mc_enc_avc.dll

Report ID: 0dee2331-98AB-11e3-9023-5063139f3a94

The Faulting Module is mc_enc_avc.dll

Here is a PrPro thread on crashes on H.264 Export. In it, Jim Simon has a link to a MS Knowledgebase article, that might be useful: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1141341

It appears that that .dll is likely part of the MainConcept Encoder: http://www.herdprotect.com/mc_enc_avc.dll-50f9fb58d88ab643d0199d77b79c2b9b4b12a8c7.aspx

As the MainConcept Encoder is installed along with PrE, if the MS article, or the Herd Project one does not help, it might be time to Uninstall PrE, run a Registry cleaner, like CCleander, then Reinstall. I am not a big fan of doing the Uninstall/clean/Reinstall, and usually hold that in the wings, until nothing else works, but then there are times, when an installation can become corrupt (in this case one of the MainConcept modules?), and that can fix some issues. I would try other remedies first, and maybe others will have some direct experience with the mc_enc_avc.dll, that will help, without that Uninstall/clean/Reinstall.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements. Crash at transcode
                              monschauer Level 1

Hi Mr. Hunt,

thank you for your help.

I solved the problem! The reason for this errors was the external hard drive. I copied the media files on my local drive an it worked.

Thank you very much.

Monschauer

• 12. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements. Crash at transcode
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

monschauer,

Great news!

Thank you for reporting how you were able to sort things out.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt