• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing a word-document to RH11 for output as WebHelp (Image-Quality)

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,
i have a problem with importing word-documents to RH11. It is not a problem with the process itself, but with the settings. After importing the documents to RH11 the image quality is absolutly messed up. The resolution is not even half of the original and its blurry. It seems to be that RH11 only takes a "screenshot" of the picture within the word document instead of importing the original high quality image.

I am generating a manual and therefor im going to export the project as WebHelp Pro. My inconvinient solution is to export the high quality images from the word document manually and replace the messy pictures in the WebHelpPro folders. As you can imagin this is going to take a lot of time and resources while the project is getting bigger.

Hopefully you can help me.

Best regards from Germany and please pardon my English 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the Update near the heading of http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/importing/importing_rh9.htm

Maybe that is the cause.

You do realise you need RoboHelp Server installed to use WebHelp Pro?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, since I was on vacation I was unable to test or answer this proposal. Nevertheless I will do it now and report my results. Best regads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, I tested the proposal and unfortunately it does not work. The pictures still look like a poor screenshot.

Robo_vs_Word.jpg

Here ist a screenshot of both picture at a 100%. As you can see RoboHelp compresses an already poor picture even more an makes it unusable. I tried all the tips and tricks out there and none of them was the solution. I hope you can help me. Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are putting the image into Rh at 100% and then shrinking it there, correct?

How are you shrinking it?

If you are going to Image Properties and resizing there, you will get poorer results.

Go to View > Pods > Tools > ReSize and you will get better results.

Or use SnagIt.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my procedure is the following:

-adding the pictures to the word document

-resizing the pictures to preferred size

-arrangening the pictures between text lines

-enabling the option: allow PNG as graphic-format

-disabling the option: compress images into the document

-saving the document

-importing to RH11

-generating the manual (recently switched from WebHelp Pro to Responsive HTML5)

-being annoyed about bad image quality 🙂

Sry for the long periods between my answers, but i have a lot of other pending projects

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the Update in http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/importing/importing_rh9.htm

That will explain why the images shrunk in Word are importing badly.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again 🙂

I think I got the point. Nevertheless if I resize the images to 100%, it will mess up my intentional positioning of the images.
As an example: I placed two pictures side by side at about 50%. If I resize them to 100% the images are not arranged side by side, but below each other. And RoboHelp will adopt this styling. So I have to apply the original styling in RoboHelp afterwards.
This I not a convenient process unless there is a kind of macro which can handle this. For mentioning a number: I am talking about 500 words documents.

The rest of your explanations on your website are plausible. We applied all of them since the project was started (no inline formatting, only global styles etc.), because we have strict rules for generating our manual.

I fear that there might be no appropriate solution for my problem and i have to deal with a "unofficial" solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand and wonder if this would work. I have just been talking to the SnagIt guys at WritersUA.

Use my macro to convert the images to 100% in Word, then import.

Use SnagIt to blast through whatever images you select to then reduce them to a predetermined size.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp