• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue Lines Dissapear and Re-Appear while recording Software Simulation - Adobe Captivate ^

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am new to Captivate 6 and i have been tasked with recording a tutorial video for AutoCAD drawings.

While recording the video blue lines (part of the AutoCAD drawing) will randomly dissapear and ten reapear, i have attached three images taken at 13 seconds and 14 seconds and 2m 32s into the video.

You will notice the blue lines have dissapeared they reappear at 2min 32sec again and then dissapear. i would upload the video but i was not sure of the upload size limit as the file is 19,502kb.

Any sugetions or advice would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Simon

13s.png14s.png

2m32s.png

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a HD Video Demo? Do you really need a video? Or is it created with the normal Automatic Capture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am a newbee to Caprivate 6 and all I have been tasked to do is create a tutorial video that incorporates onscreen prompts and comands, hence why I opted for the  software simulation video style.

So I think it is automatic capture.

Sorry if this sounds so vague.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the slide quality: if it is set to Low, change it to Optimized or High.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for the tips and advice, i think due to time zones we are a

few hours apart, i will implement some of the suggestions and report

back, unfortunately it will not be today due to unforeseen workload, but

i will keep you posted.

Thank you

Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:58:06 -0800

To: simon_coupland@hotmail.com

Subject: Blue Lines Dissapear and Re-Appear while recording Software Simulation - Adobe Captivate ^

Re: Blue Lines Dissapear and Re-Appear while recording Software Simulation - Adobe Captivate ^

created by Lilybiri in Recording - View the full discussion

Check the slide quality: if it is set to Low, change it to Optimized or High.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6129883#6129883

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Recording at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you look at Captivate, there should be a vertically oriented strip of thumbnail images on the left side. This is called the 'Film Strip'. Do you see that? Odds are you do. For each slide in your Film Strip you may or may not see little icons. Perhaps a Mouse icon or an icon of a video camera. For the slide(s) where the blue lines disappear, is there a video camera icon?

Also, as you click each slide to select it in the Film Strip, the properties for that slide appear on the right side. In the properties panel, what is the "Slide Quality" setting? If it's not set to "Optimized", does anything change if you do change it to Optimized?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the tips and advice, i think due to time zones we are a few hours apart, i will implement some of the suggestions and report back, unfortunately it will not be today due to unforeseen workload, but i will keep you posted.

Thank you

Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:59:18 -0800

To: simon_coupland@hotmail.com

Subject: Blue Lines Dissapear and Re-Appear while recording Software Simulation - Adobe Captivate ^

Re: Blue Lines Dissapear and Re-Appear while recording Software Simulation - Adobe Captivate ^

created by Captiv8r in Recording - View the full discussion

Hi there

When you look at Captivate, there should be a vertically oriented strip of thumbnail images on the left side. This is called the 'Film Strip'. Do you see that? Odds are you do. For each slide in your Film Strip you may or may not see little icons. Perhaps a Mouse icon or an icon of a video camera. For the slide(s) where the blue lines disappear, is there a video camera icon?

Also, as you click each slide to select it in the Film Strip, the properties for that slide appear on the right side. In the properties panel, what is the "Slide Quality" setting? If it's not set to "Optimized", does anything change if you do change it to Optimized?

Cheers... Rick

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6130020#6130020

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Recording at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources