7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2014 7:32 AM by A.T. Romano

Sign in issues

mizbizibee Level 1

Have downloaded Premerie 12, after signing in the program turns itself off. I've changed passwords several times. Reinstalled program. Baffled

• 1. Re: Sign in issues
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Can you provide us with a bit more info, with which to work?

1. What OS version are you using?
          2. Is this the trail, or a fully-paid version of PrE 12?
          3. Have you ever gotten to the editing screen?
          4. Can you give us the details of your computer, paying special attention to your video card/chip (GPU), and to the number and date of your installed video driver?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Sign in issues
            A.T. Romano Level 7

mizbizibee

The Sign In with the Adobe ID and Password is a requirement for use of Premiere Elemens 12. Besides the Activation aspects of it, it also registers the product.

Please check the Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application for error message(s) that might be associated with the failure to Sign In.

Please check out one of my encounters with the Premiere Elements 12 Sign In process.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/12/pe12-adobe-idpassword-requirement-for.html

Please review and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Sign in issues
              mizbizibee Level 1

OS-Windows 8

fully paid version downloaded from Amazon

never get to the editing screen. When I add password program shuts itself off....disappears. I restart program and the same thing happens, the program never opens.

Computer is HP Envy 23 and I have no earthy idea how to find the other info you suggested.

• 4. Re: Sign in issues
                A.T. Romano Level 7

mizbizibee

This morning I was doing some troubleshooting on another matter when I came across the following contact information regarding Adobe/Adobe Chat/ and "Signing in to my account or registering my product"

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=signing-in-to-my-accou nt-or-registering-my-product

Please click on the above link. And, when it opens, click on the statement "I still need help" to bring up the Adobe Chat.

Let us try that approach.

If you explore the suggestion regarding search for answers with Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application, then start with Computer/Manage/

EVent.jpg

Right click Computer and select Manage, followed by System Tools/Event Viewer, followed by Windows Logs, followed by Application. Give the Application area time to fill with data, and then look for errors and messages that might give information about the problem that you are encountering.

The following is the Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application view with Application not yet filled with entries.

Application.JPG

Please review and then let us know what works for you.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or ask for clarification on anything written.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Sign in issues
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

mizbizibee

Oops. I forgot you were working with Windows 8 and not 7.

So, one way to Event Viewer in Windows 8 64 bit would be

a. Metro screen (with all the apps)

b. Desktop App

c. File Explorer Icon in Taskbar at bottom of Desktop

d. Right click "This PC" in the File Explorer, and select Manage/System Tools/Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application.

There may be a quicker path, but that is the first one I arrived at.

ATR

• 6. Re: Sign in issues
                    mizbizibee Level 1

After five hours of work by me and my son I'm still not able to sign in. We have updated the video card, uninstall program over and over, disabled firewall and virus protection. We have even downloaded the trail version from the Adobe site and even that one won't open.

I'm at my witts end and have no choice but the press on. This is for work and I must have this program or a refund to buy a different program. I'm desparate!

• 7. Re: Sign in issues
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

mizbizibee

Thanks for the follow up. Sorry the news was not better.

I mentioned the following back in post 4 of your thread. Do you try this yet?

Please contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat to see if it has some undocumented fixes for this Premiere Elements 12 Sign In problem.

Click on the following link. When it opens, click on the statement "I still need help" to bring up the Adobe Chat.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=signing-in-to-my-accou nt-or-registering-my-product

I think that the choice category "Signing Into My Account or Registering my Product" might be a good choice of categories to start with.

We will be watching for the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On..Just in case questions...

What computer operating system is involved? Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the computer with Premiere Elements? Have you right click the Premiere Elements desktop icon and selected Run As Administrator? Are you working from a User Account labelled Administrator? How many video cards does your computer use, 1 or 2?