3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2014 6:17 PM by A.T. Romano

Installing DVD after installing Trail version

slugrunner

I installed a trial version of Premiere Elements. Then I was given a DVD version for my birthday.

So what I want to do is have a non trial version on my PC. Do I have to uninstall the trial version of Premiere Elements or can I just put in the DVD and reinstall the software. Or is there some better way to do this. Is there anything else to consider.

I am worried about uninstalling the trail program and having some problems crop up afterwards.

• 1. Re: Installing DVD after installing Trail version
          A.T. Romano Level 7

slugrunner

The trial expires in 30 days unless you put in a purchased serial number into the place in the tryout where it pop ups Continue Trial or License this Product. Within those 30 days, you can uninstall the tryout and reinstall it from the download tryout files.

The trial is no good to you after 30 days. It is not a forever backup.

You cannot have the tryout and purchased product "installed" on the same computer at the same time.

My suggestion would be:

1. uninstall the tryout - put the installation files for it in safe keeping for use within its 30 day use period.

2. install the purchased product and give it a work out...you should have a 30 day money back opportunity...do not not want that to expire...so determine what you just purchased as soon as possible.

A more positive outlook might be to leave the trial version installed, insert your purchased serial number (from the box) in it, and make that your purchased program with its purchased serial number. If that fails, you could fall back to the installation disc of the purchased product. But, you might also lose out on the 30 day money back opportunity for the purchased product, depending on the timing of all this.

Please consider from all angles.

ATR

• 2. Re: Installing DVD after installing Trail version
            slugrunner Level 1

I was able to provide the serial number from the box to license the trial product.

I thought I might be able to do that, but I wanted to ask first to see if I needed to consider anything else.

So it worked. Thanks.

• 3. Re: Installing DVD after installing Trail version
              A.T. Romano Level 7

slugrunner

Thanks for the follow up.

Best wishes for many great video taking and editing/exporting opportunities.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification on anything written here.

ATR