3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2014 9:19 PM by A.T. Romano

File Sharing on Social Websites or with Revel fail at 98% using PE12

Goldsk8te

I have been trying to upload a video and it keeps failing at 98% either when I attempt to load the file to a Social Website or when I tried using Revel.  I'm unfamiliar with using Revel but I have uploaded several files previously to Youtube and everything was fine.  This is the first time I've attempted to do this process with PE12 as I had PE9 before.   Any assistance would be appreciated.   Thank you.

• 1. Re: File Sharing on Social Websites or with Revel fail at 98% using PE12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Goldsk8te

Please read my experiences dealing with Adobe Revel in Add Media and in the Publish+Share/Private Web Album that is  incorporated into Premiere Elements 12.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/10/pe12-adobe-revel-add-mediapublishshare.html

I felt then and do now that the features were not ready for the inclusion in a video editor.

As for Publish+Share/Social Websites you should fare better with YouTube and Vimeo. I am not involved with Facebook so I have not tried the Publish+Share/Social Websites/Facebook.

To get a baseline on the uploading situation and your account with any of these websites, I would first look at exporting your Premiere Elements Timeline to a file. See Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and one of website presets there. Then upload the saved file to the website at the website. Then evaluate the process for your website account when using Publish+Share/and one of the Social Websites.

Please check out the above and then let us know the outcome.

Based on your reply, we can decide what next in troubleshooting Premiere Elements Private Web Album and Social Websites.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: File Sharing on Social Websites or with Revel fail at 98% using PE12
            Goldsk8te Level 1

I was able to upload directly to Youtube through their website after creating a movie or file of my timeline.  I had hoped to by-pass this extra step by doing the uploading directly from PE12 but after multiple failed attempts, I choose to go the old way and just do it myself.

Trace

Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 21:40:42 -0800

To: goldsk8@hotmail.com

Subject: File Sharing on Social Websites or with Revel fail at 98% using PE12

Re: File Sharing on Social Websites or with Revel fail at 98% using PE12

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Goldsk8te

Please read my experiences dealing with Adobe Revel in Add Media and in the Publish+Share/Private Web Album that is  incorporated into Premiere Elements 12.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/10/pe12-adobe-revel-add-mediapubli shshare.html

I felt then and do now that the features were not ready for the inclusion in a video editor.

As for PublishShare/Social Websites you should fare better with YouTube and Vimeo. I am not involved with Facebook so I have not tried the PublishShare/Social Websites/Facebook.

To get a baseline on the uploading situation and your account with any of these websites, I would first look at exporting your Premiere Elements Timeline to a file. See PublishShare/Computer/AVCHD and one of website presets there. Then upload the saved file to the website at the website. Then evaluate the process for your website account when using PublishShare/and one of the Social Websites.

Please check out the above and then let us know the outcome.

Based on your reply, we can decide what next in troubleshooting Premiere Elements Private Web Album and Social Websites.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6131040#6131040

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6131040#6131040

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6131040#6131040. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 3. Re: File Sharing on Social Websites or with Revel fail at 98% using PE12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Godsk8te

Thanks for the update and the good news that your uploads to YouTube were successful at the YouTube web site. With those that did not make it via Premiere Elements 12 Publish+Share/Social Websites,

a. what was the usual file size and duration of the upload

b. was there a consistent error message given when the upload was not accomplished

c. did you use the same account at the YouTube web site as the one you gave in the Premiere Elements 12 Publish+Share/Social Website route?

What you might want to try is to go to the YouTube web site, sign in, and remain open at your account there.

Then try a Premiere Elements 12 Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube upload of your Timeline content.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thank you.

ATR