14 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2014 6:04 AM by Rajashree Bhattacharya

Need clear answer, Adobe CC on 2 computer, possible or not?

Rémy GARA

Hi All,

Question : Is it possible to install adobe CC on 2 computers?

If yes then I have an issue.

I have a CC subscription. CC is installed on my company desktop and works almost fine.

It happens a lot that I need to work at home on a company laptop but CC keep asking me for a serial even after installing it 2 times.

It only works on trial version and I still have only 10 days left according to the counter.

On the other side, Typekit fonts seem to be synchronized in the Adobe CC Application Fonts Tab.

Those 2 computers never work simultaneously : I use the desktop in daywork and the laptop to finish the work at night and weekends. They're both on windows 8.1 pro.

Any help?

Thank you very much.

• 1. Re: Need clear answer, Adobe CC on 2 computer, possible or not?
          Rajashree Bhattacharya Adobe Employee

Hi Remy,

Welcome to Adobe Forum,

Yes, you can install CC on two computers & can activate it twice.

To resolve the issue of serial number being asked by CC, please refer to

1.http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/ccm-prompt-serial-number.html

OR

Creative cloud do not need a serial number. it will be using your aadobe ID on which you have purchased the creative cloud membership.

So you need to login with your Adobe ID and password to activate the cloud membership.

In case it is not signing in successfully please try the following:

I dont know which operating system you are working on so i am giving you some steps windows and MAC OS:

Windows:

In windows 7/8 navigate to following location:

/windows/system32/drivers/etc

1. look out for "Hosts" file

2. Open it with notepad

3. Check if you have any entry for Adobe

4. Remove the entries and try again launching any product from CC

Mac:

1. Please click on "Go" and navigate to /private/etc

2. Open "hosts" file and check out for any entries for Adobe.com

3. Remove the entries and save the file

4.  try again launching any product from CC

In case the issue is still not resolved, please contact Adobe at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

Let us know if it helped you.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 2. Re: Need clear answer, Adobe CC on 2 computer, possible or not?
            Rémy GARA Level 1

Hi,

Thank you for your quick answer.

As I said I'm working on windows 8.1pro on both computers

I'll try cleaning my hosts file tonight on my laptop and come back here to give news.

Thank you very much.

• 3. Re: Need clear answer, Adobe CC on 2 computer, possible or not?

Hi Remy,

Thank you for the feedback.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 4. Re: Need clear answer, Adobe CC on 2 computer, possible or not?
                Rémy GARA Level 1

Hi Rajshree,

The solution you gave me worked but many issues that I had from the beginning become persistant. In fact CC is always deconnecting and wasting my time. It's almost impossile to work. I have to reconnect every 5 minutes all the applications and the main Adobe CC windows. While working with Illustration, Indesign, Acrobat or Photoshop, I'm disconnected and without any prompt, the softwares quit and ask me to register by connecting and this happen even if I'm still connected in the Adobe CC window. I loose fonts, documents are not saved and so on...

This is becoming annoying and my workflow is interrupted and not efficient.

Any solution for this?

• 5. Re: Need clear answer, Adobe CC on 2 computer, possible or not?

Hi Remy,

The CC product that you are using can be worked only on one machine at a time, like you can not use Photoshop CC at the same time on both the machine.

You can use on both computers at different time.

The issue that you are facing is regarding connectivity & firewall,I would request you to contact Adobe Technical support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6

They will be the best person to guide you.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 6. Re: Need clear answer, Adobe CC on 2 computer, possible or not?
                    John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The CC product that you are using can be worked only on one machine at a time, like you can not use Photoshop CC at the same time on both the machine.

Hi Rajshree, can you check that information?

We've been told repeatedly in these forums by Adobe Staff that running two Cloud apps (e.g. 2 x Photoshop CC) at the same time is possible and permitted with a Cloud license.

• 7. Re: Need clear answer, Adobe CC on 2 computer, possible or not?
                      Rémy GARA Level 1

In my case I use only one computer at a time and while I'm using one, the other is simply shut down.

I'm trying a solution that requires the suppression of the opm.db file.

I'll keep this post updated.

• 8. Re: Need clear answer, Adobe CC on 2 computer, possible or not?

Hi John,

As per Knowledge base :

Creative Cloud Membership provides access to both the Mac and Windows versions of the desktop applications. It offers the ability to install them on your primary computer and your backup computer. With CCM, the end user can install the software on either Mac or Windows. Their two installs can be on different platforms and used at the same time. The secondary usage restriction (the second install cannot be in operation at the same time as the first) is still applicable.”

You can also check, http://www.adobe.com/products/eula/tools/captivate.html (The above content is not published in this link)

Regards,

Rajshree

1 person found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: Need clear answer, Adobe CC on 2 computer, possible or not?
                          Marinka9170 Level 1

So if I understand the above correctly one can USE the 2 installs at the same time, but not OPERATE the 2 installs at the same time? ;-)

• 10. Re: Need clear answer, Adobe CC on 2 computer, possible or not?

Hi Marinka,

Yes, that is absolutely correct.It can be activated in two computers but can not be used simultaneously.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 11. Re: Need clear answer, Adobe CC on 2 computer, possible or not?
                              John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Rajshree wrote:

Hi John,

As per Knowledge base :

Creative Cloud Membership provides access to both the Mac and Windows versions of the desktop applications. It offers the ability to install them on your primary computer and your backup computer. With CCM, the end user can install the software on either Mac or Windows. Their two installs can be on different platforms and used at the same time. The secondary usage restriction (the second install cannot be in operation at the same time as the first) is still applicable.”

Hi Rajshree,

That seems to contradict Kevin Monahan's post (reply #27) in this thread

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5360538

"HI PaulM-Aus,

You can use the same program on 2 computers at once. This is new to Creative Cloud applications. Have at it!

Thanks,
                              Kevin"

Which is correct?

I understand that we can install and activate the software on two computers simultaneously. That's clear but that's not the question here.

Am I understanding correctly that we cannot run Photoshop CC at the same time on two different computers using the same license? However, Photoshop CC on one computer and Illustrator CC on the other is fine?

• 12. Re: Need clear answer, Adobe CC on 2 computer, possible or not?

Hi John,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, John, your understanding is absolutely correct.The same CC product can not be used simultaneously on both machine.

Regards,

Rajshree

• 13. Re: Need clear answer, Adobe CC on 2 computer, possible or not?
                                  Rémy GARA Level 1

Hi,

I still have the deconnection issues and it is becoming really hard to have a continuous workflow with adobe products.

My 2 computers are new and they have only Adobe CC installed. no firewall. no antivus because they only need to have connection for Adobe CC. They're both with windows 8.1. HOSTS file is clean. They never work simultaneously, One is a desktop and the other a laptop that I use when working outside office and sometimes I do not have a connection and I need it to work (photo shooting and work with clients). I need Adobe CC to be reliable but it's absolutely not the case.

Look at all the issues in five working days on the desktop computer, this is insane (I'm translating those messages because I have the french version):

- CC deconnection : 9 times

- Accepting Licence : 9 times

- Indesign not reckonizing typos and having trouble displaying the texts : 4

- Acrobat asking to accept licence and quitting without letting me save the documents : 9 times

- Connection needed : 8 times

- softwares refusing to open documents and asking for a licence : 7 times

- Typos not loaded : happens all the time and it's a huge issue

- Acrobat asking for licence even if CC is connected : 5

- Illustrator asking for licence : 8

- Photoshop asking for licence : 5

For now I used only Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign and Acrobat wich is the most annoying. I'm affraid of what's coming next because I'm on big projects that need Premiere, Dreamweaver, Flash and all the other softwares.

The sad thing is that I have always insisted to buy Adobe licences and my employers respected that and always paid the necessary price and you can see on forums that the poeple having all those trouble are those who pay !!!

Unbelievable especially when you know that all the poeple who are stealing Adobe softwares are those who have no problems using them !!!

• 14. Re: Need clear answer, Adobe CC on 2 computer, possible or not?

Hi Remy,

The above post shows that the issue faced by you is technical,

Please contact Adobe Support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6

Regards,

Rajshree