3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2014 8:30 PM by Rajashree Bhattacharya

I now have TWO subscriptions using one ID.

Ahmedob

Hello Adobe,

I am a subscriber to Adobe CC full one year. My subscription will expire May 2014.

Today, I received an email from Adobe that invites me to subscribe and take full advantage of a special price. So I did. I clicked on the link, clicked on a button to see if I was qualified, and I was. So I clicked to confirm, and continued with the payment. My credit card was charged for the first month of this new subscription.

I was hoping that my subscription will extend to May 2015. Instead, a new subscription was added to me using the same ID.

I know I can install the software in two computers (using one at any one time), using one subscription. But now, I have two subscriptions, using the same ID. So my questions are:

1. Can I install the software in 3 or 4 computers (using 2 at any one time) now that I have two subscriptions? If not,
      2. Can Adobe extend my first subscription to May 2015 and cancel my second subscription? If not,
      3. Can I transfer my second subscription to my colleage and still continue to pay using my Credit Card for this new subscription? If not,
      4. Tell  me what can I do? I do not want to be paying for two subscriptions and use only one. After all, it was your system that validated that qualification.

As I stated above, my credit card was charged for this new subscription, and will be charged again in few days for the first subscription.

FYI, I do have few licenses of the earlier Adobe products registered inluding CS3, CS4, CS5, and CS6.

Please help.

Thank you.

Ahmed.

• 1. Re: I now have TWO subscriptions using one ID.
          Gurleen_K JapanEmployeeModerator

Hi Ahmed,

Welcome to the community!

If you have two subscriptions in one Adobe account:

1. Can I install the software in 3 or 4 computers (using 2 at any one time) now that I have two subscriptions?

Ans.  Adobe has moved to identity-based licensing with a technology that will not support multiple same-product subscriptions, so you can only buy one membership per Adobe ID.  If you need two subscriptions to Creative Cloud, you will need to purchase each subscription with a unique Adobe ID.

When you install your software, you will be required to enter the same Adobe ID that you used when purchasing your membership, for the following reasons:

• To help ensure that the person who subscribed is the same person who is installing the software
          • To enable Adobe to send you important account information in the event your subscription is about to expire or cannot be charged to your credit card.

2.Can Adobe extend my first subscription to May 2015 and cancel my second subscription?

Ans.Your first subscription will be automatically renewed untill and unless you do not cancel. In order to cancel your second subscription you need to contact customer support. Please refer:

http://www.adobe.com/support/download-install/supportinfo/

3.Can I transfer my second subscription to my colleage and still continue to pay using my Credit Card for this new subscription?

Ans. CC cannot be transferred to another user as it is associated with your Adobe ID.

4.Tell  me what can I do? I do not want to be paying for two subscriptions and use only one. After all, it was your system that validated that qualification.

Ans. I would recommend you to cancel one of the CC membership by contacting customer support on the link mentioned in answer2.

Please let us know if it helps,

Thanks!

Gurleen

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I now have TWO subscriptions using one ID.
            Ahmedob Level 1

Thank you for your answer. If you have read my question carefully you will understand that I know that Adobe policy with regards to one subscription per one ID. So why did Adobe backend system allow such action. If you read my quesiton, you will see that it was Adobe bank end system that quallified my request, and instead of coming back with a no, it came back with a yes, you may buy another subscription.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: I now have TWO subscriptions using one ID.
              Rajashree Bhattacharya Adobe Employee

Hi Ahmedob,

Welcome to Adobe Forum,

To resolve your issue :

1.Since Adobe CC can not be transferred, please inbox me privately your duplicate CC order number(second subscription) I will get that canceled for you.

2. There is no need to worry about the extending the CC subscription to 2-15 as you have got "Automatic renewal"

Regards,

Rajshree