4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2014 9:53 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12 - Track matte, chroma, blue Screen - system crashes when using

Skogsfrun

Hi, I am trying to create different kinds of matte. When adding to the track it becomes editable in the Effects panel. When doing changes, the system crashes and I need to restart program.

I have tested Garbage matte and it works fine.

Is anyone else having problem with this?

I have a mac pro and Premiere Elements 12. I have seen a lot of tutorials to create those types of matte so I am a bit disappointed not being able to use it for my project.

Appreciate your response.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 - Track matte, chroma, blue Screen - system crashes when using
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Skogsfrun,

I am assuming that you are running PrE 12 on a PC, as many of those Effects are missing in the Mac version. Is that correct?

1. Can you tell us all about your PC? Please pay special attention to the video card/chip (GPU), and the number and date of the installed video driver.
          2. What are the specs. of the Imported media files?
          3. What is the Project's Setting, chosen at New Project, or determined by PrE 12, when you drag your first Clip to the Timeline?
          4. In general, how many Video Tracks are you using on the Timeline? With most Keying Effects, one would have at least two, but could have more, with Clips stacked one, above the other.
          5. Do you get any error messages, when the program crashes?
          6. Have you looked at Windows' Event Viewer, in the Applications, and the System Tabs, to see if you are getting error, or warning messages. You should, and there should be some of those messages at about the time of the crashes. If so, check each one out, and be very sure to follow any links in them.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12 - Track matte, chroma, blue Screen - system crashes when using
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Skogsfrun

If you are running Premiere Elements 12 on "Mac Pro", it is impossible for you to have Chroma Key, Green Screen Key, Blue Screen Key. They are just not available for Premiere Elements Mac (any version). Is it possible that you are using Windows on Mac Pro with Boot Camp and neglected to mention that detail?

What happens if you try the Difference Matte?

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe11-difference-matte-as-substitute-for.html

We will be watching for clarification and more details of your problem project.

Also, is the problem repeatable if you create a new project? And, how would you class this problem "It worked before but not now" or "it never worked before"?

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12 - Track matte, chroma, blue Screen - system crashes when using
              Skogsfrun Level 1

Hi,

sorry for confusion regarding Mac vs Window, but I have MacBook Pro. I checked the names in more details and I have other names of the effects than I wrote. Luma key, Non red key, Remove matte, Track matte key etc.

I tested to create a new project, and now I got Track matte key to work, nice. I think in the old project I have deleted tracks etc due to some audio problems I have (will be posted in another discussion).

Then I tested Non red key, and it works fine until I start to laborate with the parameters. Then I got a crash again, when setting parameter smoothing to "High". But when I redo the same thing again, I don´t get it. I have to still images, one in track 1 and one in track 2.

I am not quite clear now when the problem arise. At least, now I have come one step further and can start testing the effects. Lets see if I get a crash again.

Next problem is to try to move my project from the old one to a new one, since I have done quite a lot of work on it. Is there anyone having a good trick to do that (from the project where I get crash every time, to a new one that seems to work quite well so far)?

thanks a lot for your replies!

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 12 - Track matte, chroma, blue Screen - system crashes when using
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Skogsfrun

A copy/paste insert between two project files involves ClipMate in conjunction with Premiere Elements. However, ClipMate is a Windows only software. I am not sure if there is a Mac counterpart being offered from another source. Exporting the Timeline of one project to file saved to the computer hard drive and then importing that file into the second project seems to be the viable option.

ATR