7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2014 7:27 AM by A.T. Romano

DVD won't play on TV

Barney1

With premiere 12 slideshow DVD plays on computer but not TV

• 1. Re: DVD won't play on TV
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Barney1

In what I have written below, I have assumed that you have burned your Premiere Elements 12 Windows Timeline to DVD-VIDEO format on a DVD disc. If any part of that is incorrect, then stop and please post to correct my assumptions. If it is correct, then please read on.

There is no guarantee that any one disc will play on any one particular TV DVD player.

What brand/type disc did you use for the burn to disc? What it burn to disc DVD NTSC Dolby DVD or NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD?

If you put the DVD disc in the DVD burner tray and explore the DVD disc, do you see 2 folders, OpenDVD and VIDEO_TS?

If you open the VIDEO_TS Folder on the DVD disc in the burner tray and then go to the VTS_01_1.VOB file in that VIDEO_TS Folder, can you play that back on your computer.

Suggestions

1. Explore your DVD disc to make sure that you have the structures characteristic of Premiere Elements DVD-VIDEO format - OpenDVD and VIDEO_TS Folders.

2. Try another TV DVD player set up

3. Try another brand/type of DVD disc.

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: DVD won't play on TV
            Barney1 Level 1

I have played the VTS_01_1 VOB file and yes it plays on my computer

• 3. Re: DVD won't play on TV
              the_wine_snob Level 9

What brand of blank media did you use?

One of the main causes of playability problems is the brand of blank media.

The second place consideration is the exact model of DVD player. No DVD player is certiefied to play ANY burned DVD-Videos, and ONLY commercially replicated, pressed DVD-Videos. Most players WILL play a well-burned DVD-Video, but not all of them. Can you try that disc on another DVD player?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: DVD won't play on TV
                Barney1 Level 1

The DVD 's I am using have worked OK on TV. (The brand TDK DVD-RW) with other projects such as a music video copied to DVD. I haven't got another DVD player to try. The one I have is a Sony only 12months old.

• 5. Re: DVD won't play on TV
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Barney1

Often player support is defined by the disc type as well as the format on that disc type.

Does your Sony user guide give a list of formats on discs that it supports, and is DVD-VIDEO on a DVD-RW on that list?

Do you have any store purchased DVD-VIDEO movies and do they playback on this Sony?

Pending further details, I would go with

a. trying another disc brand/type (for example, Verbatim DVD-R)

b. trying another TV DVD player if one can be found

With your given discs and TV DVD player, how many burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc have you done with Premiere Elements and not been able to get play back from them with this Sony player?

What is the description of this Sony player..is it a DVD player, Blu-ray player, or one of those multi-media players DVD, Blu-ray, memory card, USB Flash drive type?

ATR

• 6. Re: DVD won't play on TV
                    nealeh Level 5

You might try burning your project to a folder and using the excellent free ImgBurn (Google it) to burn your disc at a lower write speed (something you can't select in PRE).

Just be careful when installing ImgBurn to read all the screens during the install to make sure you don't install the unwanted trials it offers.

Cheers,
                    --
                    Neale
                    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 7. Re: DVD won't play on TV
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Barney

Have you explored the Sony TV settings for DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc playback? We will await further information as per my post 1 of thread.

Although I would prefer to work out the details of the Premiere Elements 12 burn to disc (DVD-VIDEO format on DVD disc) first, if you do try the Premiere Elements burn to folder route, taking the VIDEO_TS Folder from the saved folder to DVD-VIDEO format on DVD with ImgBurn, I would ask that you let us know

a. Did it play back on the same Sony TV player and was the DVD disc used in ImgBurn the same brand/type (TDK DVD-RW) and from same batch?

b. Did the  DVD disc end product from ImgBurn contain an Audio_TS Folder as well as a VIDEO_TS Folder?

The following link is an online how to for the VIDEO_TS to DVD disc using ImgBurn in order to obtain your end product.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/418814

Caution in downloading any program from Internet. Often download of the wanted product is accompanied by unwanted program(s) that create havoc with browsers as well as being otherwise intrusive.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR