2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2014 5:10 AM by pjeyara573

How to license Adobe Photoshop in VDI environment.

pjeyara573

Hi,

How to license Adobe Photoshop in VDI environment where the virtual desktops will be provisioned from single master image.

Any best practise or guides available .

Thanks & Regards

J.P Raj

• 1. Re: How to license Adobe Photoshop in VDI environment.
          Noel Carboni Level 8

I don't know about the licensing - I suspect you'll want to call Adobe Sales for that - but have you worked out that Photoshop functions well enough technically in your proposed setup?  Photoshop relies heavily on the local GPU of the computer on which it's running, and the GPU support didn't used to work across a remote desktop link.  I admit I haven't tried it since a couple of major versions ago.

-Noel

• 2. Re: How to license Adobe Photoshop in VDI environment.
            pjeyara573 Level 1

Hi Noel,

No issues with photoshop funtionalities. We have Nvidia K1 grid GPU in Server and using hypervisor functionality we provide a share of this GPU to each VM or desktop

Our Issue is when we provision a new VM or desktop from IMAGE it will undergo a preparation phase (sysprep) so any activation status will flush off. To avoid this normally we use network or floating license (user based). I want to know how this would work on photoshop case

Thanks and regards

J.P raj