1 person found this helpful
Even if you package with adt itself, that's all Flash is actually automating for you. That said, I've had some strange unexplained compile time issues that adt has resolved. Here's Adobe info on compiling from adt directly:
Make sure you're using the latest version of the AIR SDK, you can grab it here:
You will find the adt command in the SDK folder "bin". I'd recommend adding it to your systems environment path for ease. See if that builds your app.
Note you may need some extra files Flash may be creating for you if you're stripping ABC from the SWFs or externally host any:
Sinious thanks for your answer.
I tried compiling from adt and it worked using this command line script.
@set java_cmd="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CC\jre\bin\java.exe"
@set java_param=-Xmx8192m -jar
@set adt_cmd="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CC\AIR4.0\lib\adt.jar"
@set files=Testing.swf assets externalSWF
%java_cmd% %java_param% %adt_cmd% -package -target %target% -storetype pkcs12 -keystore %cert% -storepass %cert_pass% -provisioning-profile %provisioning% %build_file% %desc_files% %files%
Still there is now a different problem.
When trying to compile more than a certain number of external swfs (eg. 350) then the process never ends. The java.exe process consumes all of my memory and it is just stuck there for hours( I've waited for it to compile for nearly 10 hours before I killed the java.exe process). When I randomly remove some swfs then everything goes fine and the process finishes after nearly half an hour or so.
The pc i'm using has an i7 processor with 16gb of ram and the java process consumes it all even though i've set a limit using the -Xmx8192m command.
Is there a problem with the xmx command?
Do i need even more ram to compile a larger number of swfs.
Is there a way to monitor the java process in order to catch any errors that occur or maybe use any different java params to control ram usage limits?
Thank you for your help.
That is an absurdly large number of SWFs. I'd question how you're approaching your project.
The project consists of a main container which loads external swfs to serve as a book's pages. Those external swf may contain interactive exercises, video and audio activities. It is a multiplatform project for both ios and android but also for desktop. In addition each external swf must be able to be used indepenently in order to be distributed through an LMS platform.
Still I've found a solution to my problem. It seemed that the -Xmx parameter was causing the problem cause when I lowered the value the project was published after an hour or so.
Maybe I was allowing too much memory to be used for the max java heap size.
Strange unless you're compiling more than one thing at once, I've only seen it cause an issue being too low, as it seems you know.
Either way glad you got it fixed up and good luck!