3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2014 8:32 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Render Problem :(

eholtane

Hi everyone,

I have the monthly subscription for the Creative Suite Cloud.  I've been using it without any issues for the past few months.  However, I've recently run into an issue with rendering my projects from After Effects. 

Before I move forward, let me say that I'm not looking for suggestions on "you should render this way instead of that" etc.  When I render a project I've been going to Composition - Add to Render Queue - Output Module.  I've then been selecting Quicktime format and then under "format otpions" I've been slecting H.264.  This has been working perfectly for me.  I turned on my computer this morning, opened up After Effects, and then went to the render queue.  As usual I selected the Quicktime format, but when I went to "format options" there was no H.264 option available.  It also seemed like a few other options were missing.

I can't figure out why the H.264 option is missing.  And again, to make it clear, this isn't an issue with H.264 missing from the format tab...It's now missing from the "format options" button below, even though it was there for 2+ months prior.

Any help asap is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Eric   

• 1. Re: Render Problem :(
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I know you said that you didn't want to hear that there are better ways to render, but that's really not going to get you the best quality final product. However, if you need to be able to export h.264 directly from After Effects, you can re-enable it by setting the preference Show Deprecated Formats In Output Module Settings in the Output preferences category.

• 2. Re: Render Problem :(
            eholtane Level 1

Hi Szalam,

I really apprecaite your feedback , but as I tried to explain in my original post, the solution you provided isn't addressing the problem I'm having. 

The issue is not with seeing the H.264 option in the format tab.  I can see the H.264 option there.  The problem is that the H.264 option is no longer available in the "format options" tab as a codec option for Quicktime.  It was an option for the past 2 months, but I log on today and it's no longer there.

• 3. Re: Render Problem :(
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Did you update QuickTime or your operating system? After Effects merely shows the codecs that are exposed by the QuickTime system.