• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems in verifying connection to CF Administrator Mail Server

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  need to send e-mails using CFMAIL, but am unable to verify the connection to the CF Administrator Mail Server, which presently is localhost.

This question has been asked in other places, but I have checked the remedies suggested there (firewall blocking, etc) to no avail.

I am using Server Port 25 and have tried enabling both TLS and SSL.

There are no basic Server issues, since I get the message "Server has been updated successfully" upon re-entering the Server Settings data.

Thanks in advance for comments.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you have an SMTP server running on your localhost?  That would be unusual.  Even if you do, the real SMTP server would have to allow relaying to allow your local SMTP server to get mail through it.  If you don't have an SMTP server running on your localhost machine, then you need to specify the name/IP of the SMTP server on the CFADMIN MAIL screen.

-reed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In CFadmin > Server Settings > Mail  tick Verify mail server connection then press submit changes.

Does that say Connection Verification Successful?

Agree with Reed generally CF localhost would not have an SMTP server.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation