4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2014 11:33 AM by A.T. Romano

rendering premiere elements 12

probleemgeval

It is not possible to render in premiere elements 12. If you try you have to fill in a code. You have to copy this code and click on the given side.

When you are on the side and fill in the number, the answer is, nothing found with this number. The side doesn't work. So I cannot render my pictures.

How do I solve this problem?

• 1. Re: rendering premiere elements 12
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>have to fill in a code

I do not understand... are you talking about registering and activating the program?

• 2. Re: rendering premiere elements 12
            A.T. Romano Level 7

probleemgeval

I think I know what you mean. I do not recall which version I was using when suddenly a message popped up stating that I needed an activation of something or other. The message instructed me to go to a web site to get a code and then return to the message and insert the code. I did and everything worked OK after that. With all the versions of Premiere Elements that I have used, it was a one time even. Do not recall what I was supposed to be getting activation for. It was not clear.

Are you saying that you got the code but it did not work when you typed the code in the message? If so, is it still possible for you to go to the source of the code, copy it, and then paste it into the message field? Have you been there and done that?

Other than that I might suggest the following

1. Delete the Premiere Elements 12 settings file named Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file found in the Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit path of..

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the complete 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

2. If "1" does not work and you have installation files or installation disc, then uninstall, do a ccleaner run through (regular cleaning and registry cleaning parts), and then a reinstall with antivirus and firewalls turned Off.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Please let us know the specific wording of the message that asked you to obtain a code before moving forward in the project?

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: rendering premiere elements 12
              probleemgeval Level 1

Thank you, my problem is now solved.

I deinstalled the program and reïnstalled it, but this time directly to the C drive instead of the program files folder.

After this when I want to render my film, adobe didn't ask for the key anymore and it worked!

• 4. Re: rendering premiere elements 12
                A.T. Romano Level 7

proleemgeval

Great job.

Thanks for the great news of problem now solved.

Your follow up was much appreciated.

Best wishes

ATR