13 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2014 9:42 AM by A.T. Romano

Problem with playback in Premeiere Elements 12

tenold

Hi!
      I have problems with playback of ALL types of videos.

I start, new project, add any video to timeline and then clicks play.
      The video will start but gets "paused" after a couple of seconds

Problems with 2 different camera files (tried both)
      Format: mp4
      Resolution: 1920x1080
      Windows 8.1 (fully patched)
      Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000

INntel I7 CPU
      8 GB RAM
      SSD Drive
      Brand Machine: Lenoveo x230

Any ideas?
      Does Premiere requiere Quicktime on a Microsoft platform?
      Is there a version for 8.1 Win?

Please help

• 1. Re: Problem with playback in Premeiere Elements 12
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, PrE requires Apple's QuickTime Player to function properly. If not installed, do so, and test.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Problem with playback in Premeiere Elements 12
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Dual video problems (some for Premiere Pro, but the idea is the same)

Go to the Windows Control Panel and select Hardware and Sound and then select Device Manager... In Device manager you click the + sign to the left of Display Adapters... and see if 2 are listed

If you DO have two graphics adapters, read below

-http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error---preludevideo-play-modules.html

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1001579

-Use BIOS http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1019004?tstart=0

-link to why http://forums.adobe.com/message/4685328

-http://www.anandtech.com/show/4839/mobile-gpu-faceoff-amd-dynamic-switchable-graphics-vs-n vidia-optimus-technology/2

Another Lenovo with 2 graphics adapters and problems http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1410509?tstart=0

https://www.google.com/#q=quicktime+for+windows+8

• 3. Re: Problem with playback in Premeiere Elements 12
              tenold Level 1

Thanks for you input

Quicktime 7: Its now installed and tested, does NOT work better
              Alltough it works fine in the organizer but not in the edior.

2 video cards:
              I have double cheked and can confirm its NOT double, only one adapter is listed.

• 4. Re: Problem with playback in Premeiere Elements 12
                A.T. Romano Level 7

tenold

What does your Scratch Disks setup look like?

Please refer to Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.

Are all directed to the same place and how much free hard drive space is at the location(s)?

Do you have any pile ups of preview files, conformed audio files, or conformed video files?

Are you running your setup with one or two or more computer monitors?

Is your source 1080i or 1080p? If 1080p are you using DSLR project settings?

More later.

ATR

• 5. Re: Problem with playback in Premeiere Elements 12
                  tenold Level 1

Are all directed to the same place and how much free hard drive space is at the location(s)?: YES, 25 GB
                  Are you running your setup with one or two or more computer monitors?  One
                  Is your source 1080i or 1080p: 1080i

• 6. Re: Problem with playback in Premeiere Elements 12
                    tenold Level 1

Also verified BIOS, Videodriver, patched windows, re-installed to latest video driver.
                    When i preview the video in the editor its not only stopping the qulity is crap, yes i have also rendered the videos.
                    Its happen for videos that are short or long. Plays from 1-8 seconds then stop.

• 7. Re: Problem with playback in Premeiere Elements 12
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

tenold

Just starting my day.

Thanks for the follow up.

The first thing that catches by attention is the Scratch Disks directed to a location with only 25 GB of free hard drive space?

Do you have a drive (internal or external) with over 100 GB of free space for the Scratch Disks locations?

In that regard, please check for pile ups of previews (Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder), conformed audio (Media Cache Files Folder), and conformed video (Media Cache Database -accessed via Edit Menu/Preferences/Media).

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Problem with playback in Premeiere Elements 12
                        tenold Level 1

The disk is one psyical SSD drive have no more disk.  But the thig is this happens with very small files as well. Lets say a 30seconds movie cllip from my smartphone or DV camera. I just add media and press play the movie stops after just a couple of seconds, i have not added any effects or nothing. Also try to "render" first, but result is the same.

Another thing is that if i right click in the playback window, you have the option for "playback settings" but that one is grayed out so i cant change anything there. I have read from others that they have not this option in elements 12 version?

• 9. Re: Problem with playback in Premeiere Elements 12
                          tenold Level 1

Even did some more investegations:

New project- add media

just added 10 jpeg pictures in total about 2MB for all 10, and added to timeline.

Press play and same thing there, just stops after a couple of seconds

• 10. Re: Problem with playback in Premeiere Elements 12
                            tenold Level 1

Now tested the following programs

Movie Maker- No problem
                            Sony Vegas- No problem
                            Corel Video Studio- No prolems

Seems like Adobe has an issue

• 11. Re: Problem with playback in Premeiere Elements 12
                              tenold Level 1

I must say i am not pleased with Adobe at all. Each answer takes at least 24-48 hours.
                              If i now want my money back i have to contact Adobe on CHAT?  Its 2014 and i can not contact Adobe at email or a form?
                              Chat is never someone there to assist me, i bought both Photoshop and Premeiere in one package, i want half of my money back since i spent a lot of time porting to new version of Photoshop and want to stay on that level.

The chat gives me just
                              "We are still assisting other customers, thank you for your patience. You can also try our community forums, where experts are online 24/7."

Yeah right, crap service if you ask me

• 12. Re: Problem with playback in Premeiere Elements 12
                                tenold Level 1

MY GOD, read this very bad service here

Amal: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Amal: Hi Robert

Amal: May I please have your email address registered with Adobe?

Robert: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Amal: Thank you.

Amal: How may I assist you today?

Robert: i have an issue, the thing is that i bought elements Photoshop and premiere, but premeiere is not working, support cant help either, known issue

Amal: May I have the serial number, please?

Robert: so i bought 2 Products for 600 NOK i want to keep Photoshop as that is working

Amal: Okay.

Robert: can you arrange that please?

Amal: Can you please provide me the serial number of the product?

Robert: 2 sec

Robert: where do i show it in application?

Amal: Sure.

Amal: Robert, the serial number can not be located from the application. Please look for the serial number in your dvd case.

Robert: download

Robert: i am pretty sure i used this

Robert: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Robert: Adobe Premiere Elements 12 (Windows,Engelsk)

Amal: Thank you.

Robert: i got 2 serials from you, the other one is for the Photoshop i want to keep

Amal: Robert, may I the exact error message that you are getting while using Adobe Premiere Elements 12 ?

Robert: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6145911#6145911

Amal: Thank you for waiting. One moment please.

Amal: Robert. we will be able to assist you with this issue. However the relevant team is not online right now. Please contact us back after few hours and our specialized team in this issue will be online to assist you better.

Robert: no you Contact me i dont have time for this, my email adress is xxxxxxxxxxxxx. i have given you all information

Robert: just confirm that you will refound me 50% of the cost and thats ok since i cant use one of the 2 apps

Amal: Robert, I am sorry to inform you that our relevant team is not available offline. Please contact us back via chat.

• 13. Re: Problem with playback in Premeiere Elements 12
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Robert

I am sorry for the issues that you are facing getting Premiere Elements 12 to work for you in your computer environment.

I have re-read your thread and would make these comments...

In Premiere Elements 12, the "Playback Settings" accessed in prior versions from monitor is grayed out and that from Project Settings is not there. I believe there are some limited circumstances for which they do appear relating to DV, but I have not verified that.

From what you wrote, you have only one drive, that is SSD with only 25 GB free space. Am I correct on my understanding of that? If so, that is not enough free hard drive space to run Premiere Elements 12 with 1080i or much else independent of the file size of any particular source media for Premiere Elements. So, maybe I misunderstood what you wrote about your drive situation and available free space.

Have you tried to download Premiere Elements 12 installation files from another location and then insert your purchased serial number in it and then determine if you still have the same playback issues?

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

Read the Note: Very Important Instructions carefully otherwise you will be hit with Access Denied.

Apparently you have been hrough the drill of computer video card/graphics card driver version up date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card/graphics card and/or Lenovo. Just how much available RAM remains from the 8 GB installed RAM?

I know of no email support that Adobe offers for troubleshooting purposes. It does offer support via Adobe Chat. Have you tried

For Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up Help

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=downloading-installing -and-setting-up

For Money Back Within 30 days of Purchase From Adobe

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=orders-refunds-and-exc hanges

In the first case, the category is Downloading, Installing and Setting Up. In the second case, the category is Orders, Refunds, and Exchanges. Either one, click on the link, when it opens, click on the statement "I still need help" to bring up the Adobe Chat who will respond to your situation or direct you to another department. The wait times can be long depending on the time of day that you try for the contact.

But, Orders, Refunds, and Exchanges can ONLY be done by Adobe. We are not Adobe here. We are visiting (not on anyone's payroll) Premiere Elements users trying to help other Premiere Elements users with their Premiere Elements workflows.

Until proven otherwise, I suspect that your drive situation is at the core of your issues. Based on the details that you have supplied so far, I do not believe you are dealing with a media incompatibility issue.

Please let me know how I can help and/or clarify information for you.

Thanks.

ATR