2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2014 3:58 PM by Obi-wan Kenobi

GREP Plain Lines

Stephen Newport

Hello,

This issue has been bugging me for a while and I've just always worked around it. I've found a work around that accomplishes it in a backward way, but I was hoping some grep experts could help me out with language to make it cleaner and more direct.

I have spreadsheet data that I develop styles to display automatically in specific contexts. In this case I have product data with specific tab and text styles, and then headers.

My goal is to have the spreadsheet pasted in the "Data" paragraph style, then have GREP styles within that change the headers to a Header (bold) character style (which I then do a find>change character style to convert to a paragraph style to center justification).

Aside from listing out all the header titles in individual GREP styles, I can't figure out the language that would convert any line without tabs in it. I've tried using the "end of paragraph" options, things like  ^.+$ (beginning of paragraph>any amount of characters>end of paragraph), but it counts tabs as characters I guess. My brain has just fried itself trying to figure it out, so internets, anyone see through the matrix code?

Thanks a ton, I hope this makes sense

Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 8.41.52 PM.png