4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2014 9:12 AM by A.T. Romano

Problems with viewing 1920x1080 videos in the clip monitor

TroelsToftegaard

Hi

I have problems viewing .mov files in the clip monitor with the format 1920x1080 AAC H.264

The video stops and I cant scrool foreward and back in the clip monitor

There is no problem working with .mov files with the format 1280x720 AAC H.264

I have a Macbook Pro 15" Retina

Processor 2 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Grafik  Intel Iris Pro 1024 MB

Any suggestions?

Troels

• 1. Re: Problems with viewing 1920x1080 videos in the clip monitor
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What are your project settings, as listed under the Edit menu?

What model of camcorder did this video come from?

• 2. Re: Problems with viewing 1920x1080 videos in the clip monitor
            TroelsToftegaard Level 1

Here is a screenshot of my project settings

Project settings.png

The camcorder is a canon legria HF R46

http://www.canon.co.uk/For%5FHome/Product%5FFinder/Camcorders/High%5FDefinition%5FHD/LEGRI A%5FHF%5FR46/

The videos are recorded in AVCHD and FXP 50i setting

Troels

• 3. Re: Problems with viewing 1920x1080 videos in the clip monitor
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Well, as you can see, your project settings don't match your video.

Start a new project and, on the New Project screen, click Settings and select the settings for Full AVCHD 1920x1080 50i. You may also want to check the box on the New Project screen that says Force Settings.

This is of course assuming you shot your video in FXP or MXP mode and you are certain you did not choose one of the progressive scan options. Your camera shoots in a number of modes and frame rates.

If you've properly matched your project settings to your video, you will NOT see a yellow orange line along the top of the timeline when you add a clip in Expert view.

Is that the case with this new project?

• 4. Re: Problems with viewing 1920x1080 videos in the clip monitor
                A.T. Romano Level 7

TroelsToflegaard

Could you clarifiy the details that you present in the discussion in progress?

1. What version of Premiere Elements are you using on your Mac computer? For now I will assume Premiere Elements 12.

2. Did you install Premiere Elements 12 for NTSC or PAL?

You wrote

The video are recorded in AVCHD and FXP 50i setting.

50i is characteristic frame rate for PAL region. And, that 50i would represent 50 fields per second, not 50 frames per second. So, the appropriate project preset for the 1920 x 1080 video would be

PAL

AVCHD

Full HD1080i25

Important: There is no project preset in Premiere Elements with the name "Full AVCHD 1920 x 1080 50i". The latter would suggest the PAL AVCHD Full HD1080i25 that I cite above. The FXP setting of the Canon HFR46 is described as

FXP 50i: 1920x1080, 17Mbps

Could explain how you obtained NTSC project settings (as per your screenshot) for this apparently PAL video?

As for project preset settings...the program is designed to do that automatically for you. Sometimes it does it OK, sometimes not. If not, then you set the project preset that matches the properties of your source before you import the file into the project. Until the troubleshooting details are worked out, I would suggest that you set the project preset manually

File Menu

New

Project

and, before you exit the final dialog in that process, make sure that you have a check mark next to "Force Selected Setting on This Project". Then, you import your file into the project.

Please review the above.

We are looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR