0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2014 9:34 AM by hopcgv

InDesign CS6 crashes at "starting up registry services"

hopcgv

I've recently installed the Design Suite as a trial (waiting for arrival of retail box w/ license). Everything seemed to install fine, however InDesign CS6 keeps crashing at "starting up registry services" on the startup splash screen. Acrobat, Illustrator, and Photoshop all run fine. I've updated all the program components, as well as the OS (Windows 7 64 bit). I've tried all the suggestions found here: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-launch-issues-problems-cs5.htm regarding disabling plug-ins, recreating preferences, disabling startup services, etc. I've even tried running it on a newly created Administrator account, but still no luck.

Windows event viewer shows the app crashes from various attempts, and the listed faulting module vary between ntdll.dll, BIB.dll, and CoolType.dll. I have tried uninstalling, running the Adobe CC cleaning software and reinstalling, but still no luck.

The Adobe Support Advisor program lists several instances of an installer program issue: cpsid_82829s11: "Another MSI installer is running," bootstrapper error has occurred.

There was a previous installation of CS5 installed on the machine that we are upgrading from. I did my best to remove all files from the previous installation.

I'm running out of ideas. Any thoughts?