2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2014 8:09 PM by katwoody40 RSS

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 & Photoshop Elements 11 Errors, Downloading Problems, Uninstalling probs

katwoody40

On May 8, 2013 I ordered Adobe Premiere Elements 11 & Photoshop Elements 11. To this day they do not work properly, did not download properly, nor can I get them uninstalled properly to reinstall properly. I have not been able to contact Adobe all these months, & now they tell me I have to pay $39.00 more just to speak to them. I refuse to give them anymore money than I have already gave them! Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue? I currently  have Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0 & Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0. I was upgrading. 

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 11 & Photoshop Elements 11 Errors, Downloading Problems, Uninstalling probs
          mytaxsite.co.uk MVP

To this day they do not work properly, did not download properly, nor can I get them uninstalled properly to reinstall properly.

You need to explain this further to get any help on these forums.

First tell us do you get any error messages when you try to install the product (I presume this is what you call download properly)?

You also need to tell us what your operating system is.

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 11 & Photoshop Elements 11 Errors, Downloading Problems, Uninstalling probs
            katwoody40 Community Member

Thank you so much for replying. But I sort of solved the problem, yet I didn't solve the problem. I am running Windows 7 on my computer. When I purchased Elements & Premiere 11, I purchased a 1 time download from Adobe. Upgrading from 7.0. When I went to download it, then install it, it told me that through an error message, that it was not downloaded or installed correctly, so I would have to uninstall the whole thing & start from scratch, basically. So, I went into the control panel to delete the program. Hit uninstall, & it told me after it was done, that everything was not uninstalled & had uninstalled incorrectly. Now it was missing from the Control Panel, & I could not find the remains anywhere, I thought I would try to redownload it again. So, going through the process, it would let me download it, but it would not install due to the remains of the previous installation. I tried everything. And when I tried to go straight to Adobe, it was a no go. I put it on the back burner for months & used my 7.0 occassionally. Today I decided I wanted it fixed. I went to Adobe...my licenses are still in my account. But no matter what I did, it would not accept my old licenses. With the help of a previous poster, maybe on a different thread, I was able to uninstall the old program remnants. But I could still not download 11. I just decided to cut my loses, & purchased 12. I bought the trials, downloaded them, they worked great, & I purchased them. So, all's well that ends well. Of course, I am $170-some dollars in the hole, but whatever it takes. Again thank you for your reply to my delima.