1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 7, 2006 10:50 AM by Peter Grainge

Web help: Implementing context sensitivity in a portlet?

factormax
      We are devleoping serveral 'portlets' that will run in a portal, and I'm creating Web help for the Help system, but I'm not sure what to tell the developers to do to link the particular pages to the Help button on the individual portlets. Is there a way for them to implement that differs from web applications or Windows programs? I've perused some conceptual directions, but am looking for someone who has actually made this work in real life.
        • 1. Re: Web help: Implementing context sensitivity in a portlet?
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          There's a couple of topics on my site about calling webhelp that should help you.

You puzzle me a little by saying "Is there a way for them to implement that differs from web applications or Windows programs? " The portal is effectively a web application.

To my mind the easiest way is for them to call your topics using URL's with the format startpage.htm#path/target_topic.htm as described in one of the topics. If your filenaming is clear they should be able to work out what to link to. If not, draw up a simple mapping document listing the developers forms and your topics.

Hope that's clear.