Flash Player Beta Channel Update
The latest Flash Player 13 builds are now available. You can download Flash Player here:http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta.
New and Updated Features:
- Supplementary Characters Enhancement Support for TextField
This is a desktop enhancement for supporting surrogate pairs in the TextField control. Now, characters out of the Basic Multilingual Plane(BMP) with Unicode code points between U+10000 and U+10FFFF will work correctly in the TextField control. It greatly enlarges the code point range we support and includes characters like emotion symbols (emoticons) and complex CCJK characters. This feature has been under an extended beta period. We anticipate this being included into the release version of the Runtime 13 release.
- Full Screen video message tweak
We've made a small tweak to the "Press Esc to exit full screen mode." message that's seen on full screen video. We've heard for sometime that this message obscures content and we wanted to make a change that both satisfies security concerns and customer viewing enjoyment. To help, we've simply moved the message towards the top of the screen from it's original centered position.
- New Stage3D texture wrapping modes - Currently you can set the wrapping mode of a texture to either clamp or repeat. Using the repeat option will repeat the texture on both the U and V axis. However, in some use cases, you might only want to repeat the texture on only one axis, either u or v. This is now possible with two new parameters: REPEAT_U_CLAMP_V and CLAMP_U_REPEAT_V.
- Stage3D Anti-Aliasing for Render texture - Anti-Aliasing is a useful technology to improve image quality. We've now implemented hardware based Multisampling Anti-Aliasing (MSAA) on desktop platforms. To enable this please set the level from 0 to 4 in Context3D's setRenderToTexture().
0 = 1 subsample, no antialiasing
1 = 2 subsamples, minimal antialiasing
2 = 4 subsamples, medium high-quality antialiasing
3 = 8 subsamples, high-quality antialiasing
4 = 16 subsamples, very high-quality antialiasing
This release focuses on enhanced premium video capabilities and new platform support. We're looking for feedback on stability and compatibility with existing content on these new platforms.
- Standalone Player for Mac, the .pkg installer for Mac and playerglobal.swc have not been included with this beta release. They should be available in the next release.
- [Chrome] Users with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M will experience system instability.
- Myspace.com - Videos do not play with Internet Explorer 11
-  The 'Press ESC to exit full screen' dialog has been moved to the top of the screen
-  Addresses an issue where Flash Player was polling GamePad before the GamePad API was invoked
-  [Chrome] sciencenetlinks.com - Resolves an issue where content would not load completely in rare instances where a PPAPI getDownloadProgress event was not received
-  Resolved an issue where TextBlock.findPreviousAtomBoundary would return an incorrect value if it was called after TextElement.replaceText when discretionary hyphens were used
-  [OS X 10.9] Flash Player's native control panel can now be launched through the right-click context menu as expected. [Requires OS X 10.9.1 (13B40) or higher]
-  Resolves an issue where Flash Player would stop rendering when embedded in a page that also contains WebGL Canvas element and was forced to fall back to software rendering.
- [Win8.1] starwars.com - Full Screen content now renders in Full-Screen mode
-  [Win8.1] Flash Player now handles IVS characters and surrogate pairs correctly in TextFields.
-  [Win8.1] nba.com - Video controls are now correctly displayed in Full-Screen Mode
-  [Win8.x] Pressing the Menu key on the software keyboard now correctly triggers the right-click context menu when in Modern mode.
-  [Win8.x] Yahoo Messenger - The logo is now displayed correctly, instead of a black rectangle.
-  Resolves a intermittent hang encountered when playing Encrypted HLS content
About the Beta Channel
Beta Versions of Flash Player are available for automatic installation via our Background Update service. Please subscribe to automatically install or receive update availability notifications at runtime.