1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 21, 2014 4:04 PM by rob day

Migrating text formatting from InDesign CC to Flash CC

eddyca

Since TLF is no longer supported in Flash CC, does that mean that maintaining the integrity of the type from an InDesign layout to Flash is no longer possible? Is there a possible work around?

I'm designing content for interactive labels for a museum exhibit in InDesign and having trouble migrating the text formatting to the interactive programmer who is using Flash. We tried all the options in the export to FLA dialoge and each time the text either turns out wonky or gets rasterized. The text needs to remain editable, so the rasterization will not do.

I know a little bit about Flash, so I can possibily go into her file and make adjustments as needed without having to hang over her shoulder as she makes the edits. Is it possible to use the Creative Cloud Files section for collaboration like is possible in Google Docs, where the changes are live and there is no need for mutiple files.

• 1. Re: Migrating text formatting from InDesign CC to Flash CC
          rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I've noticed that if you export as TLF and let FlashCC make the conversion back to classic the results are a bit better—at least multiline text doesn't get chopped up. I think you will have to make adjustments in Flash. You want to avoid justified text because there's no hyphenation. Flash doesn't have any justification preferences, so you have to avoid subtle typography.

Is it possible to use the Creative Cloud Files section

You should be able to if the programmer has a CC subscription, or you could do it with DropBox.