8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2014 8:45 PM by A.T. Romano

PrE10 will not login to Adobe ID - only says "Signing In"

jrothra

I'm glad Premiere Elements 10 tells me that it's "signing in" to my Adobe ID account, and that after 30 minutes it's stil "signing in" but never quite signed in.  It's not an Internet connection because I can sign in to my Adobe ID trough their website.  I can log into YouTube via PrE10, but can't log into my Adobe account.  Whenever I try to add a DVD menu (even the most basic, non-Plus member ones) it forces me to first sign in.  Well, I'm glad I have ot sign in, if only it would actually sign in.

What do I do?

Things I've tried already to no avail:

• Closing & restarting software
      • Rebooting the computer
      • Resetting internet connection
        • 1. Re: PrE10 will not login to Adobe ID - only says "Signing In"
          nealeh Level 5

It's trying to log in to photoshop.com that Adobe shut down the middle of last year. Just ignore it and use the Organizer / Editor as normal. Any online content that you've already downloaded is still available to you, but any that you didn't has long gone and is no longer available.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 2. Re: PrE10 will not login to Adobe ID - only says "Signing In"
            A.T. Romano Level 7

jrothra

When you open Premiere Elements 10, ignore all messages on the Welcome Screen tempting you to Sign In with your Adobe ID and password. Trying to comply with the now non functional message will get you into endless problems as you try to comply with "Sign In". Also, when you are in the opened project, ignore the Sign In at the top of the Premiere Elements 10 Editor workspaces as well as at the top of the Elements Organizer 10 workspace.

The Welcome Screen now has a message about Elements Plus no longer available and has a Learn More Link. Read the Learn More if you want, but do not get lured in any Sign Ins.

http://www.photoshop.com/misc/membership-faq

You do not have to follow up with Adobe Revel to continue using Premiere Elements 10.

What video card/graphics card does your computer use? If NVIDIA, the please check out the following targeted specifically to Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA users.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further questions or need clarification on anything written.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: PrE10 will not login to Adobe ID - only says "Signing In"
              the_wine_snob Level 9

As Neale points out, Adobe replaced Photoshop.com with a new service: Adobe Revel. Here are the sub-forums, where Revel is explained, and instructions on migrating from Photoshop.com, if required, are given: http://forums.adobe.com/community/revel

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: PrE10 will not login to Adobe ID - only says "Signing In"
                A.T. Romano Level 7

jrothra

Just a reminder since I posted last (post numbered 2)....you do not have to use Adobe Revel in order to continue using your Premiere Elements 10 or any substitutes for it.

ATR

• 5. Re: PrE10 will not login to Adobe ID - only says "Signing In"
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

That is correct. Revel is designed to replace the use of Photoshop.com, if one has used that, say to share Images, etc.. If jrothra did set up a Photoshop.com account, and has used it, the there are instructions in the links that I provided, to "convert" to Revel.

Hunt

• 6. Re: PrE10 will not login to Adobe ID - only says "Signing In"
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

Unfortunately many read that photoshop.com - Adobe Revel information as a required switch to Adobe Revel in order to continue using their version of Premiere Elements when they find the problematic Sign In under the circumstances.

ATR

• 7. Re: PrE10 will not login to Adobe ID - only says "Signing In"
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

Then perhaps they need to actually read the links, as to what Revel is, and is not.

The information is there for them.

Hunt

• 8. Re: PrE10 will not login to Adobe ID - only says "Signing In"
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

jrothra

I just ran into a curious issue related to this discontinued Sign In associated with the photoshop.com's exit.

You will not see the following unless you use the Elements Organizer 10 and its Share/Photo Mail or Email Attachment features that comes with Premiere Elements 10.

Apparently you cannot get at the Contact Book for these feature. If you click on Contact Book in one of these features to use it, you get hit with a Sign In which cannot be over come. It does not work as a Sign In and there is no way to bypass it to get to the Contact Book.

But you can advance to the email to be sent and add the email address to the To: field.

When I set up the Photo Mail feature with the Email Client in preferences = Windows Live Mail, I could double click the To: field in the email to be send and get the Contact Book of my Email program Windows Live Mail. However, when I used the Email Client in preferences = Adobe Email Service, I lost that perk, was allowed to type in an email address in the To: field, then the Send button would become active for use. The link for any Contact Book never appeared in this route.

ATR