3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2014 2:33 PM by A.T. Romano

Clips in Elements 11 used to be auto-selected, now they are not. help!

zalle

When I'm editing, the clip I'm watching is automatically selected, it turns light blue, instead of darker blue, so if I want to split and delete part of it, it's really quick.

Lately, for some reason, I have to choose the clip manually, in order to edit it or delete it.

I probably changed a setting without knowing. What is going on? Can you help me?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Clips in Elements 11 used to be auto-selected, now they are not. help!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

zalle

Can we assume that your Elements 11 is Premiere Elements 11? On what computer operating system is it running?

There are various ways to get a clip selected on the Timeline. Ways include

a. When you first drag it to the Timeline, it will be a selected clip. When you drag a second clip to the Timeline, the second clip will present on the Timeline as selected. The first will no longer be selected.

b. If you position the Timeline Indicator on a clip and then click its image on screen, the clip will be selected.

c. And, clicking on the clip selects its.

d. You can draw out a rectangle around one or more Timeline clips to select one or more.

From what you wrote, I suspect a change in your workflow steps rather than a flaw in the program.

But, please review the above and then we can discuss alternative explanation for what you believe is something different occurring in your project(s).

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Clips in Elements 11 used to be auto-selected, now they are not. help!
            zalle Level 1

Hello, thanks for your answer.

Actually I opened a new project and it did not happen, so I went back to the old project and looked around and found the problem. I was using Video Track 3 instead of 1, so behaviour was a little different.

Thanks so much for your help.

• 3. Re: Clips in Elements 11 used to be auto-selected, now they are not. help!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

zalle

Thanks for the update and the good news that you have worked out the details of your workflow. Good job.

Glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

ATR