6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2014 1:51 PM by A.T. Romano

Loading Premiere Elements 4 on new computer

Monoscope

What is the proceedure for installing Premiere Elements 4 on my new computer?

• 1. Re: Loading Premiere Elements 4 on new computer
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Put the disc in your DVD drive and follow the onscreen instructions

• 2. Re: Loading Premiere Elements 4 on new computer
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Monoscope

What computer operating system are you going from and to? Assumed Windows related to the from and to?

Do you have installation files or an installation disc for Premiere Elements 4, along with the purchased serial number?

I would consider disabling the antivirus and firewalls during installed to an already optimized computer.

Please do not hesitate to ask for more specific information based on the further details that you supply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Loading Premiere Elements 4 on new computer
              Monoscope Level 1

ATR:

Thanks for responding to my question.  I did load Premiere 4 from my original disc onto Windows 7.  It seemed to load okay and it loaded a shortcut onto the desktop.  However, when I went to call up the program, an error screen showed which said, "an error occurred and you need to re-register your product".  I tried that.  Then Adobe said "that SN was already assigned".   Well of course it was.  It is assigned to me.  Finally I clicked on the "try registering later" button.  The error screen went away.  My concern now is that if I get a project going, I may not be able to access it at some later date.  Adobe was no help.

My next move is to try a test edit project.

Thanks,

Monoscope

• 4. Re: Loading Premiere Elements 4 on new computer
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Monoscope

Good idea the test project and a few more tries  opening and closing some test projects.

Also, if you have not already, take a look at what is going on with your account at Adobe (http://www.adobe.com) via My Adobe tab and or under the tab for Welcome Monoscope followed by My Products and Services.

What happens also sometimes suddenly you will get what looks like the tryout dialog even after you have installed with your purchased serial number. For me, clicking on License This Product, instead of Continue Trial, and giving the requested information takes care of that.

Please let us know of your progress when you get the time.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Loading Premiere Elements 4 on new computer
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>that SN was already assigned

If you did not DE-activate on your previous computer you may not be able to RE-activate on your new computer

You need to contact Adobe to have them reset your activation counter

Select a reason, then click I STILL NEED HELP to activate Premiere Elements chat

-http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=activating-my-product- or-serial-number-issues

• 6. Re: Loading Premiere Elements 4 on new computer
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Monoscope

A good point that John brings up.

But, I would clarify this Deactivation business as it relates to Premiere Elements 4.

True, Adobe allows you to use your purchased serial number on no more than 2 computers at a time.

With the later versions, you need to go to the opened project and deactivate the program with Help Menu/Deactivate or Help Menu/Sign Out (version 12).

There is no Help Menu/Deactivate in the workspace to do for Premiere Elements 4. The deactivation option may or may not be offered you in an initial  uninstall dialog during uninstall.

So what did you do about Premiere Elements 4 on the old computer? Uninstall with or without the deactivate option selected in one of the uninstall dialogs?

Depending on your answer, you may not have to contact Adobe about this type of matter.

ATR