6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2014 11:15 AM by A.T. Romano

Product Registration

Leadfoot

When I try to register, adobe says it can't access my internet connection so I can't register, sup?

• 1. Re: Product Registration
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Select a reason, then click I STILL NEED HELP to activate Premiere Elements chat

-http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=activating-my-product- or-serial-number-issues

• 2. Re: Product Registration
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Leadfoot

What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running?

If you are have Premiere Elements 12, Sign In with the Adobe ID and password is a requirement and registration comes along with entering your Adobe ID and password.

Are you sure your Internet connection is OK? Have you tried shutting it down for about 30 seconds and then restarting it? Have you tried clearing out the Browser cache?

Depends what you are really doing and what version of Premiere Elements that you have, that is, if registration is really separate from the Adobe ID and password entry.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Product Registration
              Leadfoot Level 1

Hello A.T., thanks for your response,

I bought Premiere Elements 4 at the same time I bought my Sony HDR-SR11 camera just before a trip to Russia.  I didn't use the program to edit the Russia trip but since have shot video that I

do want to manipulate.  After loading the program into Windows 7 I couldn't register it so I bypassed that step and began to use it but the program would only play the audio of my m2ts video files and I can't figure out why.  Can you help or point me in the right direction so I can get started in editing my video clips??  Thanks, Leadfoot

• 4. Re: Product Registration
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Leadfoot

You should be able to install Premiere Elements 4 on Windows 7 32 or 64 bit. And, when you see message for Sign In with Adobe ID and password, just cancel out of any such message. Typically the message leads to photoshop.com which does not exist now. You go around in circles.

Now here is your big problem with Premiere Elements 4. Your Sony HDR-SR11 records video with the AVCHD (MPEG4 AVC/H.264) video compression. Premiere Elements 4 does not support AVCHD. Support for AVCHD did not come until Premiere Elements 7. So, to use the AVCHD source in Premiere Elements 4, you will need to convert it into a format that Premiere Elements supports.

There are numerous free and not so free converters. Many convert the AVCHD to MPEG2 HD, a less resource demanding format. AVCHD is a very resource demanding format and issues related to computer resource can pop up even in Premiere Elements 7, 8, and 9 which do support the AVCHD video compression. The editing of AVCHD becomes less problematic when you use Premiere Elements 10, 11, or 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer.

Years ago one of the more popular free program for AVCHD to MPEG2 HD and other formats was the Koyote Soft HD Converter product

http://www.koyotesoft.com/video-software/free-hd-converter.html

I have not used it in years, but it served the purpose when I did.

Please check out the above and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Product Registration
                  Leadfoot Level 1

Thanks A.T. for your feedback, information and suggestions.  They were all correct and right on. The Koyote converter worked perfectly and solved my Adobe problem.  Thanks again and you get 4 stars.

• 6. Re: Product Registration
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Leadfoot

Wonderful news. We are so pleased with your success. Great job.

There was a TV action series many years ago whose hero always ended the episode with it "I love it when a plan comes together."

I ditto that.

Best wishes.

ATR