Welcome to the forum.
- First, please tell us all about your computer, and your OS version.
- Next, pay special attention in the above, to the video card/chip (GPU). What is the make and model?
- What is the installed version of the video driver?
- Is that the latest from nVidia, or AMD/ATI's Web site?
- Do you have a laptop with dual GPU's?
- What anti-virus, anti-malware, or anti-anything software, that you are running?
- Were there any error messages, during installation?
That will give us something to work with.
Could you clarify...what is not opening - Photoshop Elements AND Premiere Elements or just one or the other?
How did you install these programs, from installation files obtained online from Adobe OR from installation disc from a boxed bundled packaging of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements? Do you have purchased serial numbers or are you dealing with the tryouts?
Please excuse the question, but I do not want to take anything for granted...are you making a distinction between download and install if you are working from installation files obtained onlien from Adobe. In the latter case, after the download, you need to install the program(s) from the Setup.exe that comes with each of the programs.
Please supply more information and then we can decide on the appropriate troubleshooting strategy.
Hi thanks for your reply. Premiere Elements 12 was installed from a source disc to my laptop, an Asus running Windows 7. I have Webroot Spyware which was not disabled during the installation process. I can see the files in My Computer but they don't open up.
Are you using a user account with Administrator settings?
What happens if you right click the program icon and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR from the option window?
Thanks for all your help. I removed program and reinstalled. It seems to be working fine now. Will repost if there are any more issues. Thanks again-