8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2014 3:26 PM by A.T. Romano

Where can I re-doanload premiere elements 11 organizer?

alexxgclothing

Somewhere along the line some files got messed up with the organizer, is there a place i can redownload it or should i just email adobe?  I'm not too happy about this. All I did was download the orignal disk to my new computer, and alot of aspects of organizer are not working.

Also, is there a way I can download an addon to have the task panel in the premiere windows like 8? I'm upgrading from version 8

• 1. Re: Where can I re-doanload premiere elements 11 organizer?
          Jim_Simon Level 8

[Moved to Elements forum.]

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Where can I re-doanload premiere elements 11 organizer?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

alexxgclothing

In what way is the Elements Organizer 11 messed up?

The Premiere Elements 11 and 12 workspace has undergone major changes as compared to versions of the program earlier than 11. There is no way to replace the Quick QuickGuided Expert Expert Guided workspace with the Timeline Sceneline workspace of version 8.0/8.0.1.

How did you purchase your Premiere Elements 11 and on what computer operating system is it running? For now I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit. Are we talking about installation files from an online purchase from Adobe or about installation disc from purchased of boxed packaging?

You cannot selective replace the Elements Organizer of one of these programs. You can convert the Elements Organizer catalog of the older in the Elements Organizer of the newer.

Pending further details, you might consider downloading tryout files for your Premiere Elements 11 with its companion Elements Organizer 11 from the following source and then inserting your purchased serial number into it.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-11-direct-download-links-pse-premiere-pre.htm l

It is essential that you read carefully the Note: Very Important Instructions on that web page otherwise you will end up with an Access Denied message.

Please review the above and then we can discuss this further. Perhaps we can correct the present situation in the Elements Organizer 11 by just focusing our attention on what you have.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Where can I re-doanload premiere elements 11 organizer?
              alexxgclothing Level 1

It will not play the videos added to the organizer. I'm running windows 7 on 64 bit. I purchased out of the box  but no longer have the disk since i used the max downloads when I got a new computer. I tried the above site when my cd-drive wasn't working, couldn't figure it out. I'm not the most computer savy guy. Luckily, I got my cd-drive to work and downloaded all the files.

I gave the files another glance and It's saying the application is photoshop elements organizer, could this be the problem?

• 4. Re: Where can I re-doanload premiere elements 11 organizer?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

alexxgclothing

Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11 are standalone programs, each coming with an Elements Organizer 11.

When these two programs are on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer 11 catalog. So for all essential purposes you are looking at the same Elements Organizer 11 accessed from either Photoshop Elements 11 or Premiere Elements 11 side.

Did you determine if you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the same computer with these projects? Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card/graphics card? And, are you running these programs as Run As Administrator or from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

Is the video playback issue in the Elements Organizer 11 confined to one format of video or to all?

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Where can I re-doanload premiere elements 11 organizer?
                  alexxgclothing Level 1

It says  not all files downlaoded before opening but still opens. I'm running as admin and just upgraded my quicktime.

When trying to play video it says " the selected file cannot be played because your system does not have the required compressor/decompressor installed."

But all my videos will play in premiere just not the organizer.

• 6. Re: Where can I re-doanload premiere elements 11 organizer?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

alexxgclothing

What are the properties of the video files that will not play back in the Elements Organizer 11?

Did you actually do the classical conversion of the Elements Organizer 8 catalog in Elements Organizer 11? You do not lose the Elements Organizer 8 catalog in doing that. The end result is that you will be able to open the converted version of the Elements Organizer 8 catalog in Elements Organizer 11 for work in Elements Organizer 11. Moving forward, the Elements Organizer 8 original will stay at the state that you left it in prior to making the conversion.

My thought (hope) is, if the videos played back in Elements Organizer 8, maybe the video will play back in the converted product of it in Elements Organizer 12.

Have you been there and tried any of that?

You could try the complete uninstall/reinstall, but... more later.

ATR

• 7. Re: Where can I re-doanload premiere elements 11 organizer?
                      alexxgclothing Level 1

The file types are .mts and no I had elements 8 on my old computer.   I was thinking un/reinstall would do the trick but i discarded the disk knowing i couldn't use the serial code again. 

• 8. Re: Where can I re-doanload premiere elements 11 organizer?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

alexxgclothing

What happens if you take one of your .mts videos and rename the file, just the file extension part, from

.mts to .m2t

or'

.mts to .m2ts

ATR