7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2014 8:09 PM by User1950

Adobe Premiere Elements 12

User1950

Organizer to upload photos (as in Adobe Photoshop Elements 8) will not open.  I click on the icon, it runs, and never opens.  The video portion runs, then opens.   Did I buy the wrong software to upload photos?  Is Premiere Elements 12 only good for videos?

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

•What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".

•Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

•What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.

•If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

•What were you doing when the problem occurred?

•What other software are you running?

•Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?

•Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?

And some other questions...

•What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?

•Have you viewed the tutorial links at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 page?

•Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)

What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?

Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?

For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information

-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself

ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12
            nealeh Level 5

Premiere Elements consists of the two components, Elements Organizer to manage your media (includes photos and videos) and the Editor which is for creating films from video, stills, sounds and titles. If you want to edit photos then you need Photoshop Elements.

What operating system and version are you running on? (If it is Mac 10.6.#, then the Organizer will not work, it needs OSX 10.7 or higher).

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

User1950

Please clarify what is involved here. Are you trying to use Photoshop Elements 8 and its Elements 8 Organizer in conjunction with Premiere Elements 12?

If so, you can convert the Elements 8 Organizer catalog in the Elements Organizer 12 of Premiere Elements 12 and use the converted catalog there. You need to have integrated Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements sets to have the integration perks of these programs sharing the same catalog when they are both installed on the same computer.

If you just have Premiere Elements 12, it comes with its Elements Organizer 12. You can import photos into it via Elements Organizer 12

File Menu

• Get Photos and Videos
              • From Files and Folders
              • From Camera or Card Reader
              • From Scanner
              • By Searching

The following is an example of the Elements Organizer - Photo Downloader Advanced Dialog that you will get after clicking on From Camera or Card Reader

camera or card reader.jpg

Please let us know if this is the information that you sought. If not, please supply details and clarification of the question.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12
                User1950 Level 1

Running Windows 7.  The only thing I have changed is I added a wireless printer.  My Premier Elements 12 had a 30 day  free Photo Shop with it, but I can't open "organizer" only the video side of PE 12.

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12
                  User1950 Level 1

I use Windows 7.  Installed a new wireless printer and that's all that has changed.  No error message - the bars run and run, then kick me out on the organizer side.  Video side works fine.

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

User1950

Have you tried deleting or disabling the Elements Organizer 12 Settings file, psa.prf?

For Elements Organizer 12 on Windows 7 assumed 64 bit, the path to it would be:

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer Folder is the psa.prf file that you delete or disable by renaming it from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD.

Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, or Drives active so that you can see the

complete path.

The shortcut route to that Settings file involves

a. In Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace, hold down the Ctrl+ Alt+Shift keys altogether as you click hold click on the

Organizer Tab at the bottom of the workspace. Hold the click and then release the click after about 15 seconds. You should

then see a pop up asking permission to delete the Elements Organizer settings file. Click Yes. And, release the hold down on the Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys.

Please let us know if the above had any impact on your Elements Organizer 12 issue.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12
                      User1950 Level 1

I had Elements 8 and it quit working, so purchased PE12 and it won't work either only on the organizer photo import side.  I use Windows 7 and it's not new.  The only thing I've added is a new wireless printer.  Organizer will not open.