• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is it possible to have two Announcement list layouts?

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2014 Feb 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Announcement News list layout working like this, it's fine and does what I want it to do.

<div class="newsLinkBox">

<h2><a href="#">{tag_subject}</a></h2>

<div class="newsLinkDate">{tag_eventfromdate}</div>

<p class="newsLinkWords">

{tag_body, 100}

</p>

</div>

But I would also like the list to work as just links, like, <h2><a href="#">{tag_subject}</a></h2>  Is that possible? Can I have more than the 1 layout for an Announcement list?

This page has the News List items as links in the footer (but it's forced, not dynamic and would prefer it to be part of the module if possible)  waitakeries.businesscatalyst.com/testingStuff.html  This page has the list as they appear according to the List template and are generated by the module  http://waitakeries.businesscatalyst.com/news.html

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

THIS IS NOW THE CORRECT ANSWER THAT WORKS

For anybody ending up on this page looking for this information, I've since returned to this problem needing to do the same thing on another site and have managed to solve things.

For whatever reasons, this didn't work for me   {module_announcement,a template="/Templates/MOBILE-INNER-News-pages.tpl"}

But nearly a year later, and now with the latest BC updates it is working (may have had something to do with it, don't know, as far as I am aware I was follow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What you're probably looking for is Custom templates: http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/partner/using-custom-templates-modules.html

Let me know if this is not what you're looking for

Kind Regards,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex, thanks for your answer, it was helpful.

I'm now trying to use the news announcements for both the desktop site and a separate mobile version, so am wantign to use a different template for the mobile announcements details.

On the mobile News page, seen here,  news - Latest News , I have altered the module code generating the announcement list from {module_announcement,a,,,,} to the following so that it uses a mobile specific template. The template is in the Templates folder.

{module_announcement,a template="/Templates/MOBILE-INNER-News-pages.tpl"}

This isn't working yet, on selecting a news item link on the mobile version the detail loads but it is the desktop version not the mobile version. Can you see what I've done wrong?

Cheers

Grant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It occurred to me that the News Announcement itself has been assigned the desktop template. Is that why I'm getting the desktop version, not the mobile? If so {module_announcement,a template="/Templates/MOBILE-INNER-News-pages.tpl"} is redundant? Is the code snippet not over-riding this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS NOW THE CORRECT ANSWER THAT WORKS

For anybody ending up on this page looking for this information, I've since returned to this problem needing to do the same thing on another site and have managed to solve things.

For whatever reasons, this didn't work for me   {module_announcement,a template="/Templates/MOBILE-INNER-News-pages.tpl"}

But nearly a year later, and now with the latest BC updates it is working (may have had something to do with it, don't know, as far as I am aware I was following all the correct steps and info I could find for the example above which wasn't working). The obvious difference is the id number, but there was no mention of it being needed in previous info.

The following DOES work, giving me an alternate list template output ( you can omit "_blank" it will still work).

{module_announcement,c,46509,,,_blank template="/layouts/announcement/listdifferent.tpl"}

See this link for more information about it  Modules | Quick reference  and scroll to News.

{module_announcement,a,,,Ajax,_blank template="/Layouts/Custom/news.tpl"} - displays all the news items using the "Ajax" effect using the news.tpl custom template

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is because you need all the announcement parameters Grant. If you do not provide the correct comma seperation it considers the template option as one of those parameters and thus wont work. IT was you or someone else in another thread I did mention this.

With the new rendering engine and things soon this year to be the standard and default this will change as you can do named parameters and not include all of the elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're right, but all of the info I was following at the time didn't let me know that all announcement parameters are required, perhaps they assumed I knew this, which I obviously didn't, I only knew what I knew at the time (not sure what other thread you mention). I also posted this problem on BC Cafe on LinkedIn and nobody pointed out needing all the parameters. The Modules Quick Reference was what made the penny drop, and perhaps a year's more BC experience has helped and made things clearer too.

Thanks Liam, I always welcome your comments!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing you need to know Grant is your running on the old docs.

http://docs.businesscatalyst.com/dev-assets/reference

http://docs.businesscatalyst.com

This has been the one BC has asked everyone to use for a while now and its been updated a lot and is the most accurate and up to date documentation BC has ever ran.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome! Thanks for those, very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

I still can't get a different Announcement list template happening. I've tried what you've suggested from this page Business Catalyst Help | Using custom templates for modules  I created a separate template for a list of News Announcements to appear on the home page, I placed the following code on the home page,

{module,announcement,a template=”Layouts/Announcement/listHome.tpl”}

but it's not working, all I get is the code displaying, as seen here Home Page

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Cheers

Grant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines