9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2014 6:12 PM by A.T. Romano

Photoshop Premier 11, reverse clip

clogger96

I want to record a clip in reverse in vers.11.  Is that possible?

• 1. Re: Photoshop Premier 11, reverse clip
          A.T. Romano Level 7

clogger96

There is Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11. Please confirm that you question relates to Premiere Elements 11 and indicate on what computer operating system it is running.

You do not record a video clip in Premiere Elements 11 or other. Are you talking about a webcam?

You can import a video clip, edit it, export it. During the edit of the clip, you can apply effects to it among other things.

One opportunity would be to right click the video clip on the Timeline, select Time Stretch/Reverse Speed.

Please try it and see if that is the effect that you seek.

If you need clarfication on any of the above, do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Photoshop Premier 11, reverse clip
            clogger96 Level 1

Thanks for the help.  I'm just learning the program and somehow "Time Stretch" under tools didn't quite add up to reversing the clip.  I need a manual with a good index!  I do have the Adobe Premier Elements 11, ver. 11 0.

Thank you.    clogger96

• 3. Re: Photoshop Premier 11, reverse clip
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Clogger96,

There is no manual from Adobe, but there are several good books, plus some other learning resources in this Tips & Tricks article: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/800455?tstart=0

I highly recommend Steve Grisetti's Muvipix Guide to Adobe Premiere (he has one for most versions). HIs Cool Tips & Tricks books are great companions to the Muvipix Guide, too.

For tutorials, his Basic Training and Learning Series, plus the AdobeTV series are great.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Photoshop Premier 11, reverse clip
                nealeh Level 5

The following has links to the 319 page PRE12 manual and 238 page Organizer manual that will include all the PRE11 features - https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements.html.

Cheers,
                --
                Neale
                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 5. Re: Photoshop Premier 11, reverse clip
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

clogger96

How did the Time Stretch's dialog Reverse Speed not work for you? Did you get the prescribed effect and decide it was not what you wanted or did it not apply (malfunction)?

I have another approach for you to try as you re-evaluate the Time Stretch, if necessary.

Select your clip on the Expert workspace Timeline, go to fx Effects/Transform/Horizontal Flip. Is that the type of Reverse that you are looking for?

What are you trying to do....something like a split screen where you want the two images facing on another?

Please check out the above.

Thanks

ATR

Important Add On...Since you are using Premiere Elements 11 not 12, the following links to the Premiere Elements 11 Help PDF and Elements Organizer 11 would be

Premiere Elements 11 Help PDF

http://help.adobe.com/archive/en/premiere-elements/11/premiere-elements_reference.pdf

Elements Organizer 11 Help PDF

http://help.adobe.com/archive/en/elements-organizer/11/elements-organizer_reference.pdf

Excellent places to start. These can be printed (lots of pages) or the file saved to your computer hard drive or just viewed where they are.

• 6. Re: Photoshop Premier 11, reverse clip
                    clogger96 Level 1

The reverse effects DID work for me.   I'm doing a short video of/for my grandkids.  They've asked me to do something "funny" like I did of their older siblings.   I have videos of them going down a water slide and a few other activities; I wanted them to "fly" back up the slide, etc. in a finished DVD for them.  I'll look at your other suggestion also.  I'm new to the program, but not new to video editing (previously used Pinnacle).  This is my first project and hope to do a lot more with Premier Elements.

Thank you for your help & suggested readings.  clogger96

• 7. Re: Photoshop Premier 11, reverse clip
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

clogger96

Thanks for the reply.

From what you described for what you wanted to do, it appears that the Time Stretch dialog's reverse speed would be perfect for you. Please refer to the following.

Screenshot where I have duplicated that original clip. The first on the Timeline is the original, and the second is the one with the Time Stretch - Reverse Speed.

Reverse.JPG

I just ran the above to a YouTube video of the effect. It can be seen at

http://youtu.be/9CCFiGamhXs

If you have any problems viewing the view, please let me know. I have it listed as Unlisted

which means that it is viewable to those clicking on the above link.

Please let us know if you need clarification on anything that I have written.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Photoshop Premier 11, reverse clip
                        clogger96 Level 1

My reverses came out fine.   Now I just have to finish the project.  I have most of the  editing and inserting of stills done.  Next I  will tacKle titling and transitions and adding a music track.

Thanks again.  Clogger96

• 9. Re: Photoshop Premier 11, reverse clip
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

clogger96

Many thanks for the follow up good news that the reverses came out fine. It is an effect that will be enjoyed by the children and others viewing your video. Great job.

Continued success with your Premiere Elements projects.

Best wishes

ATR