3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2014 4:26 AM by Noel Carboni

Hidden documents in Windows taskbar (CS6)

perrybrus Level 1

How do I prevent PS hiding open documents in CS6? Theyr are hidden in my taskbar unti I mouseover the PS icon, then I get to see them. Sometimes I can't even see the content, just a generic document graphic. I don't understand why they appear like this cause on my other CS6 installation (another machine) they appear open with each document having its seperate space in my taskbar. 

ps_docgrab.gif

• 1. Re: Hidden documents in Windows taskbar (CS6)
          Noel Carboni Level 8

It's a Windows setting you need to change.

• Right-click an open space in your Taskbar, and choose Properties.
          • In the Taskbar tab, change the Taskbar buttons value to Combine when taskbar is full.

-Noel

• 2. Re: Hidden documents in Windows taskbar (CS6)
            perrybrus Level 1

I see. Wish that could affect only my PS docs but since its a Windows setting I guess it's not possible. I tought it had something to do with my PS prefs cause I always tick off the "open documents as tabs" feature. Why does Windows sometimes only show a generic document thumbnail? I mean, why isn't every PS doc showed as a thumbnail of the doc? Seems to me that Windows doesn't always manage to generate a true preview and instead just falls back on a generic thumb view. Thanks for your input on this Noel, much appreciated.

• 3. Re: Hidden documents in Windows taskbar (CS6)
              Noel Carboni Level 8

I don't know why the Taskbar Live Previews sometimes show blank thumbnails.  Though I usually don't use the Photoshop "documents in separate windows" option I've occasionally noticed blanks with other windows as well - maybe Windows has a time limit for thumbnail validity.

-Noel