3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2014 11:34 AM by jcanepa

Submissions from Chrome

Excursion Insurance 2014

Has anyone had issues with forms being submitted through Chrome or other Browsers????

• 1. Re: Submissions from Chrome
          jcanepa Adobe Employee

Chrome is tested with FormsCentral daily (I am using it right now).  Is there a specific issue that someone is having?  Are they using a proxy server?  Are they on a corporate controlled computer that blocks unfamiliar IP Addresses?  Is there a particular Chrome plug-in that is being used?  Any information would be helpful to diagnosing the problem.

--

Jeff Canepa

Software Quality Engineer

Adobe Systems, Inc.

jcanepa@adobe.com

• 2. Re: Submissions from Chrome
            Excursion Insurance 2014 Level 1

Jeff,

Thanks for the quick response.  Please go to my website www.excursioninsurance.com and go to the get a quote page.  You don’t need to fill it all out, but include your e-mail address in the bottom right of section 1 and put TEST in the Applicant Name.  Scroll through and hit submit at the bottom left of page 4.  I am not getting submission from Chrome

Ken Furlow

Vice President

15476 NW 77th Court, PMB 284

Miami Lakes, FL 33016

Direct +1 (305) 512-0591

Mobile +1 (786) 351-3408

Fax +1 (305) 556-3680

highreslogo w colorNSI Member of highresnsi

• 3. Re: Submissions from Chrome
              jcanepa Adobe Employee

Ah, ok I see what is going on.  You have created a PDF form and you are viewing the pdf file using Chrome's built in PDF viewing plug-in.  Unfortunately this plug-in, while convenient, does not support all advanced PDF functionality (like the submit button).  If you are using Windows Chrome you can download the free Adobe Reader, install it, and this should fix your issue.  However, this will not be of much use to your users.  They too could still encounter this problem.  What I recommend that you do  is not make the PDF available to be filled out in a Web Browser - this FAQ goes into more details:

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4142

--

Jeff Canepa

Software Quality Engineer

Adobe Systems, Inc.

jcanepa@adobe.com