7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2014 4:24 PM by the_wine_snob

Black Video

Compositepolymerman Level 1

How do I find Black Video in Premiere Elements 12?

• 1. Re: Black Video
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

In the Project's Assets Panel, there is a little arrow at the top, that takes you to the New Item drop-down menu, and Black Video will be there.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Black Video
            the_wine_snob Level 9

The above might be confusing, and I apologize.

The "arrow" that I was referring to is the "twirl open" triangle, and the icon is several horizontal lines. The New will appear in that list, and under New you will find Black Video.

Sorry for my lack of clarity.

Hunt

• 3. Re: Black Video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Composite

Please check out the following screenshot for Premiere Elements 12 and its Black Video source.

BLACKVIDEO.jpg

Remember the Black Video file will be placed at the position of the Timeline Indicator.

Please let us know if you are OK with the instructions for finding the Black Video choice in Premiere Elements 12.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Black Video

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the info. I searched hi and lo for Black Video and

then suddenly it appeared, but I couldn't remember how I'd found it -

obviously by accident!

>--Original Message--

>From: forums_noreply@adobe.com

>Date: 24/02/2014 18:11

>To: "Compositepolymerman"<john.giddins@tiscali.co.uk>

>Subj: Black Video

>Bill Hunt [http://forums.adobe.com/people/the_wine_snob created the

discussion

>"Re: Black Video"

>To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6152181#6152181

• 5. Re: Black Video

Thanks for the info. Have now found it. I have used Version 3 since it

came out and Black Video was easy to find on that!

JG

>--Original Message--

>From: forums_noreply@adobe.com

>Date: 24/02/2014 19:18

>To: "Compositepolymerman"<john.giddins@tiscali.co.uk>

>Subj: Black Video

>A.T. Romano [http://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano created the

discussion

>"Re: Black Video"

>To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6152424#6152424

• 6. Re: Black Video
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Composite

Thanks for the good news.

There was a drastic workspace change in Premiere Elements after version 10. And there are other changes going from your former version 3 to your present 12.  Although principles have stayed the same from version to version, features have been moved, changed, or been discontinued. It is very frustrating to be armed with principles when you cannot locate your favorite feature.

Success with your Premiere Elements projects. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification on anything written.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Black Video
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

I agree with ATR, as to many of the changes in the PrE GUI. Even some of the nomenclature has changed, and that can be a bit frustrating - even for the "regulars" on this forum. I am sure that the developers of PrE think that they are doing the right thing, and it probably is very good for a user, with zero experience with PrE, but for those, who have used previous versions, it can be tough.

I spent hours trying to find where my Export went (Share), with a version update. Same with PrE 11 & 12 - I still have to look around quite a bit, to find things that I knew well, in previous versions.

That is why so many of us ask about the version of PrE being used - many things change, so what was the workflow in an earlier version, would be horribly confusing to a user, with a later version.

Before I get off of my "soapbox," I wish that the PrE development team would come up with a great GUI, and then leave that, focusing on new, worthwhile features and fixes for problems. OK - off the soapbox for a bit...

Hunt