4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2006 7:34 AM by slair

Windows caption

slair
      The change I made to the window caption will not show up when the file is generated. In the window properties box it save the change, but it doesn't display when I generate the file. Does anyone have any idea what I need to do or try? Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Windows caption
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          Welcome to the forum.

Have you changed it in File | Project Settings?

• 2. Re: Windows caption
            slair Level 1
            I think I understand what you are saying to do, but I guess now I am just wondering why? It is not the same as the caption before, so why does it need to be changed as well?
            Thank you for the welcome and for your help!
            • 3. Re: Windows caption
              Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
              If you are creating webhelp, what you set under File | Project Settings is what you will see in the IE title bar.

If you are creating html help it gets a bit more complex. Set webhelp to be your primary layout and then create some new windows. Now generate a compiled HTML file (CHM). Whatever you set as the window title will not appear, instead you will get what is in File | Settings.

Now set HTML help as your primary layout and create some new windows. Whichever one you select will be what you get in the title bar.

It all depends on what was set as the primary layout when the window was generated.

The window for your help type must be created with that type of help set as the primary layout at the time.

I believe you only need to define a window for webhelp if the developers have specified that as a requirement and are calling the help in a way where that is important. It is not for us so I am not too sure of that.

• 4. Re: Windows caption
                slair Level 1
                Ok, thank you for your explanation. I believe I understand a lot more now, thanks!