Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.Net CF 10 Integration Service Broken After Latest Windows Update

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

We've been using the .Net integration with CF 10 on Windows 2008 64-bit server.

Our host snuck in a patch on us this morning that updated the .Net Framework 4.5.1 (KB28998869 & KB2901126).

These patches seemed to have caused an issue with the .Net Integration services. Now I'm getting the following error:

DotNet Side does not seem to be running.

After uninstaling the patches and restarting the .Net CF Service, I get a series of errors as I try to access the pages with the .Net integration:

1. Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt
  2. Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.
  3. problem writing data to socket
  4. DotNet Side does not seem to be running.

I'm eventually left with #4 above. It takes a few page loads to get there, but at a certain point, this is all that will return.

I found a blog (http://blogs.adobe.com/vikaschandran/2010/12/22/how-to-resolve-error-dotnet-side-does-not-seem-to-be...) from CF 9 era with the “DotNet Side does not seem to be running.” error that seemed to be happening after upgrading to CF 9. It suggested uninstalling the .Net Integration Service, rebooting, and then reinstalling. I downloaded the most recent version of the CF 10 .Net Services for 64 bit. I’ve done the uninstall --> reboot --> reinstall twice (after removing the .Net patches). This doesn’t seem to make a difference – I end up with the same succession of errors as listed above.

One odd thing that I noticed when running the .Net Integration Service install is that it lists the .Net version as V4.0.30319. However, when I look at Add/Remove programs, it’s telling me the .Net version is 4.5.1. It appears that 4.5.1 was originally installed 12/2/2013 -- and that seemed to work just fine until the most recent .Net 4.5.1 patches.

CFDotNetInstall.png

The documentation I found states the following:  (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/10.0/Installing/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cdec18969-7ff1.htm...😞

The installer automatically determines your Windows system .NET Framework version (1.x or 2.0) and installs the appropriate .NET integration software. Both 32-bit and 64-bit systems are supported.

So, it doesn’t seem to be finding the correct version of .Net. Is there any way for me to set or point to the version manually? Or should I uninstall 4.5.1 and try to revert to a 4.0 version of .Net? Could it be that the current version of the CF 10 .Net Integration service doesn't yet support the newest versions of .Net?

At this point, I’m in fire-drill mode as this is taking out one of our two production servers (luckily we stopped the update on the second server before it took that server out as well).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Kevin

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Just following up on this one. It appeared that we actually had the issue on both our production servers, but it didn't start having issues on the second server until I restarted the service this weekend.

At that point, I was getting the following error out of our .Net DLL:

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The message received was unexpected or badly formatted.)

Some more research poi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just following up on this one. It appeared that we actually had the issue on both our production servers, but it didn't start having issues on the second server until I restarted the service this weekend.

At that point, I was getting the following error out of our .Net DLL:

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The message received was unexpected or badly formatted.)

Some more research pointed us to the following article:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ea2c470f-14ba-4864-8a39-1396f4e361e8/sqlconnection-now...

This pointed us to an issue with System.Data in the latest version of the .Net Framework. This article suggested reverting to an older version of the .Net Framework until MS fixes the System.Data issue in the latest release of 4.5.1.

Since we were dead in the water with both servers at that point, we decided to give it a shot. We uninstalled 4.5.1, uninstalled/reinstalled the CF .Net Integration services, and everything was happy. The .Net integration services found the 2.0 .Net Framework during installation.

So, at this point, I think that we're good.

I hope this helps someone along the way!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation