• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using HLS with CDN

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting ready to sign an agreement with Level 3  when I realised that HLS can't be used like HDS to stream content through a CDN as shown in the illustration below. 

Service Diagram.PNG

Am I correct in this? Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find anything on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Largely HLS can be streamed as HDS through CDN. What problems are you facing with HLS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. I was just wondering if it could be done. L3 folks say it can. Time will tell. We are not at this time using L3 so I can't say for sure. I will provide an update when we actually start HLS streaming through L3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this forum doesnt work in chrome...

Anyway, yes it will work. Follow this guidance. http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/adobe-media-server/pdfs/rock-solid-live-strea...

However, you cant just copy and paste as whilst the principle is loosley OK the examples are just broken and wrong.

For example, I am currently trying to work out why the AMS server respnds with

max-age=86400,public,must-revalidate,proxy-revalidate,no-transform

which sets a good max-age but also tells level3 to ignore by sending the proxy-revalidate.. 

and i cant find where to stop sending that directive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you joebray99. I will keep this in mind when the time comes to switch traffic to level 3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines