• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 10 browser cfgrid issue

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from ColdFusion 8 to ColdFusion 10. I did not had any issues but lately some of the end users are complaining that the cfgrid does not shows any data and is blank. They don't get any error message but the grid is empty and there is no data.

We are not able to recreate the issue at our end. I have tried on couple of machines, different browsers and it works everytime.

I was wondering if this is a known issue or bug. Is there a hotfix available to this problem?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unlikely to be a bug, in view of:

We are not able to recreate the issue at our end. I have tried on couple of machines, different browsers and it works everytime.

You wont get far, trying to recreate scenarios at your end. I would suggest you gather the relevant details of the end users concerned - browser brand and version, Operating System, login, etc - and use them to reproduce the issue. You could start by clearing their browser cache. A second matter to look into is whether your ColdFusion 10 installation is still using configuration files from ColdFusion 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed ColdFusion 10 on a new server. There is no ColdFusion 8 instance on this server.

I gatherd all the relevant details from the end users browser information, operating system. Mostly users ar ecomplaining about IE 9 and IE 10. But last night one of the user complaint about FireFox and Chrome as well.

Thanks for your reply...I will play with IE setting and try to recreate the issue.

Thanks

Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the HTML or Flash output from CFGRID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using HTML output from CFGRID....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take a look at the response from the server using the browser's Developer Tools, or an external tool like Charles or Fiddler.  See if something is happening to the response at the browser end.  Is JavaScript enabled/disabled on some computers and not others?  You might also see if turning on Compatibility View in IE helps.

It is possible that the libraries for CFGRID are so out of date that they have compatibility issues with modern browsers (this would not be a surprise - the JavaScript library CF uses in CFGRID is several versions out of date).  I've seen others on the forum report issues with CFGRID and IE 9/10, and the usual recommendation is to scrap CFGRID and refactor to use a modern JavaScript library or widget (like JQGrid, Datatables, the current Ext-JS, or Dojo's grid) instead.

HTH,

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation