2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2014 3:14 AM by rg262

Will the Recon3D PCIE sound card work with CC6?

rg262

It looks like I'm stuck with a Recon3D PCIE sound card in my new Alienware desktop and I'd like to use CC6. Has anyone had good success using this card? My understanding is that it does not support ASIO and that may be a problem. How severe a problem, I really have no idea. I've seen some old threads mentioning ASIO4all, but I'm left wondering if that is really a good solution or not. Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Will the Recon3D PCIE sound card work with CC6?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

And what program? Generally all Adobe programs will use the system's default audio devices and any advanced audio stuff is optional...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Will the Recon3D PCIE sound card work with CC6?
            rg262 Level 1

Thanks for the quick response. I see what you mean, and that there shouldn't be any real problem. The system requirement lists for both Premiere Pro and Audition include a sound card compatible with ASIO or Microsoft WDM/MME. I just came across an email response I had received from Creative technical support back in December. That tech wrote that the Recon3D PCIE card does not support ASIO, but does support WDM, which I now understand is basic Windows audio. Thanks for your help.

Message was edited by: rg262