Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a product search to catalogs

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am aware that there is a product search function within BC, however, with the nature of my site it isn't really viable to use it as it is, mainly due to the number of catelogs that I have, is it possible to implemenmt a search function similar to the one on this site

http://www.cookstowncaravans.com/component/shop/?Itemid=109

Many Thanks.

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Bit confused.

If you insert the BC product search on to a page you can see very similar fields, Why is it not suitable in your eyes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for responding, I don't want the first phase of the search to include all of the catalogs that I have created as many of them are irrelevant to the search bexcause I would like to be able to search caravans and not awnings and only have the search available on the caravan catalog pages.

I was told by a developer that there is no way of not showing all catalogs in the first search function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Custom coding to modify it, But that is not true Warren.

It is all just about knowledge of course so no foul to that developer for not knowing, but while not default in BC it can be done with javascript and something I have done and I am sure many others out there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you, I was hoping that was the case, do you know of any sites that have this type of search function that I could show to the developer by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It took me a while but it is possible! Instead of listing all the catalogs, just add one catalog by id# and mark it as "selected".

<form name="catproductsform68534" method="post" action="/Default.aspx?A=ProductSearch&ID=/fme/results.html">

<select style="display: none;" class="cat_dropdown_small" id="CAT_ProductCatalogue" name="CAT_ProductCatalogue">

<option value="209900" selected>Fisherman Store</option>

</select>

<ul class="menu">

<li><input type="search" placeholder="Search" id="CAT_ProductSearch" name="CAT_ProductSearch" ></li>

<li><button type="submit button" class="button">Search</button></li>

</ul>

</form>

Notice that instead of the catalog selector with the {module_catalogueselect} I instead added one catalog id# and marked it as "selected" and have hidden it with style="display:none;"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines