4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2014 3:06 PM by Joel Cherney

hyphenation

arhodin

i upgraded to mac ios 10.9 and now hyphenation does not work in InDesign CS3 v. 5.0. what do I do? I get an error message saying hyphenation services (Proximity (English: USA) are not installed

• 1. Re: hyphenation
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

If you upgraded the OS after installing ID, uninstall and reinstall the application.

• 2. Re: hyphenation
            arhodin Level 1

no, i bought a new machine with the new system, then downloaded a new copy of CS3 since the old one did not work at all. adobe now tells me CS3 is not compatible with iOS 10.9

a copy of CS6 cost $700 and is supposed to work, but that's expensive. any other work-arounds?

• 3. Re: hyphenation
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I'm a windows user, and I really don't recall if CS3 will run on 10.9, but as soon as I posted it occurred to me that it may not.

If you don't want to spend $700, you can take a look at a subscription to Creative Cloud. You get access to all of the applications in the Creative Suite, and a few more things, for a relatively low monthly fee, plus you get the latest versions and ongoing upgrades as well as access to CS6 if you need it.

• 4. Re: hyphenation
                Joel Cherney Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I run CS3 in a Snow Leopard virtual machine. (Maybe a Leopard virtual machine? Can't recall, haven't opened it up in some months.) That's free! And you can just take an image of your old Mac's HD and run it in virtualization on your new Mac.