4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2016 10:38 PM by anthonym90500340

After I restart my computer, Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app fails to open (Windows 7)

FrankyMoscow

I started having this problem pretty late last night. Some of my applications still work -- Audition, Premiere, Media Encoder, and Lightroom -- but After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat and Illustrator also fail to launch. Some display a generic "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You  may not have appropriate permissions to access the item." Other's don't, displaying a blank white icon next to the program file name.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled everything (including Windows 7). To be clear, Creative Cloud *works* after I reinstall it, but as soon as I reboot my computer or restart in order to reinstall other apps, I only see the image below. I canot edit preferences or view updates and requests. I then have to uninstall creative cloud and reinstall in order to get it up and running again.

I'm baffled. No clue why certain apps load and others are damaged or something, and it seems there's no work around native to Adobe.

Aother piece of perhaps relevant information; WIndows installed a critical update on Feb. 23rd (day before I started having this issue). Might be relevant, but I've since re-installed windows and in the interim period between that update and my first failure, I was able to access Photoshop and After Effects.
      Capture.PNG