5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2014 8:44 PM by A.T. Romano

"online services error"

joeallenlaw

I keep getting an "online services error" message when trying to upload a video to vimeo

• 1. Re: "online services error"
          A.T. Romano Level 7

joeallenlaw

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating sytem is it running?

How would you class this issue "It worked before but not now" or "It never worked before"?

If you have not already, check Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing to refresh Online Services.

Next, export your Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive, and then determine if you can upload that file to Vimeo at

the Vimeo web site.

What is the duration of the Timeline that you are trying to upload to Vimeo? Have you exceeded any of its upload

requirements for your account with it?

Please review and then we can decide what next.

ATR

• 2. Re: "online services error"
            joeallenlaw Level 1

I'm using Premier Elements 11 on a Windows 8 OS.

I have always been able to upload videos to Vimeo from this version of Elements and from this computer but no it won't.

I tried to refresh online services and got a message saying it was refreshed, but the video would still not upload.

I exported the video to my desktop and tried to upload directly form the Vimeo site and that didn't work.

The video is less than 2 minutes and I have not even come close to exceeding my Vimeo limit.

The message reads "Online services has encountered a problem" and it gives me the option to try again, try again later or cancel.

Joseph W. Allen, Attorney at Law

[Personal data removed for privacy - Hunt]

• 3. Re: "online services error"
              A.T. Romano Level 7

joeallenlaw

Thanks for the reply.

To avoid nuisances please do not include contact information in your posts. A moderator will be by to remove that type of information from your post.

It is late where I am so I will ask a few more questions now and then look for your reply in the morning.

1. What are the properties of what you are putting on the Timeline? Video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio?

2. When you exported the Timeline content to file saved to hard drive, what was your export choice and settings?

3. Did you use the same account number for your Vimeo uploads whether they were at the Vimeo web site or from within  the Premiere Elements program?

4. How many tries so far to Vimeo on this...within the same day, week, other?

Thanks for the follow ups.

More later.

ATR

• 4. Re: "online services error"
                joeallenlaw Level 1

Any more suggestions?

Joseph W. Allen, Attorney at Law

[Personal info removed for privacy - Hunt]

Message was edited by: Bill Hunt -Removed personal info

• 5. Re: "online services error"
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

joeallenlaw

Since you cannot upload a file to Vimeo at the Vimeo web site nor upload the Timeline content to Vimeo from within Premiere Elements 11's Publish+Share/Online/Vimeo, that points to at least two or three possible focus points...

a. the content of the upload

b. a problem with your Vimeo account

c. a problem with your Internet connection

What happens if you upload this same Timeline content to YouTube via Premiere Elements 11's Publish+Share/Online/YouTube? Are you met will the same Online Services error, a different error, or successful upload?

What happens if you set up a Timeline with a few jpeg photos and upload via Vimeo and then YouTube from Publish+Share/Online Vimeo and then YouTube.

Taking Premiere Elements out of the equation, have you found any files that you can upload to these online sites at the online web sites with the same accounts that you are using within Premiere Elements 11?

Again, I would mention to check out how you are posting to avoid inclusion of contact information which can cause nusiances for you.

Thanks for the follow ups. Please do not hesitate to include further details of your issue moving forward.

ATR