14 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2014 11:16 AM by A.T. Romano

want to delete FACE frames (i.e.,  remove photo's analyzed info)

makingFamilyVideos

I can't get rid of FACE frames.  in a photo with many faces, face frames are a nuisance when i try to create focus frames for the pan and zoom tool.  how do i delete them?  clear all frames only gets rid of the FOCUS frames.

another way to ask the question is  "how do i remove the analyzed data for a photo?"

thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: want to delete FACE frames (i.e.,  remove photo's analyzed info)
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

What version of PrE are you running?

What is your OS version, on which you are running PrE?

That will give us a starting point to help you.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: want to delete FACE frames (i.e.,  remove photo's analyzed info)
            makingFamilyVideos Level 1

PrE 12.  Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63).   Note, I can get rid of focus frames, but not face frames.  apparently the analyzed data is stored in some db even though i exited PrE without saving the video.  I looked in Adobe's Common directory, but was reluctant to remove files.

• 3. Re: want to delete FACE frames (i.e.,  remove photo's analyzed info)
              A.T. Romano Level 7

FamilyVideos

Always important to give version of Premiere Elements used and on what computer operating system it is being run on.

So, generalizing, I would offer "Why not just delect each of the Face Frames with the Frame X botton at the top right of the green frame of the selected Face Frame? And, watch what is going on in the bin below the Pan and Screen workspace screen. Also, there is the "Clear All Frames" button at the top right of that Pan and Zoom workspace.

Have you been there and tried that?

If you need more than that, please give details of the effect that you are trying to achieve Face Frames versus New Frames.

ATR

• 4. Re: want to delete FACE frames (i.e.,  remove photo's analyzed info)
                A.T. Romano Level 7

FamilyVideos

After thought on your generalized question....

If you have done your Face Frames with the Pan and Zoom workspace, clicked DONE there, are back in the Premiere Elements workspace, and have changed your mind about what you created with tose Face Frames, then

a. go back to the Pan and Zoom workspace, click on each of the Face Frames to select it, close it at its X button (top right of Face Frame)

b. when all the Face Frames are removed, click Done to the Pan and Zoom workspace

c. right click this image on the Timeline (now with increased duration), select Time Stretch, and set the Time Stretch duration to its orginal duration - if 5 seconds (00;00;05;00).

d. start again

ATR

• 5. Re: want to delete FACE frames (i.e.,  remove photo's analyzed info)

I'm new to PrE 12 and PrE.  I've been using Apple's iMovie until I realized PrE 12 had a number of features I wanted.

The problem is I cannot delete Face Frames.  There isn't a delete button for Face Frames.  There's only a delete button for Focus Frames.  Face Frames have a red outline, while focus frames have a green outline with options to increase/decrease zoom, change hold and pan times, delete the frame, move the frame.  If you accidently click inside a face frame while modifying your current focus frame, you create another focus frame.

As a matter of fact, I just opened a new project (having closed PrE12 earlier) and decided to add a different photo that I'd pan and zoom.  PrE12 recognized all but one of the faces because all but one were in the other photo in the other project I never saved.  BTW, I removed all of the focus frames that were produced from the "Face Frames button" from the other project.

The problem with the face frames is they're a major nuisance when modifying a newly-created focus frame.  As I move the focus frame or change it's attributes, I sometimes inadvertently click on a face frame which then creates a new focus frame that I have to delete.  This wasn't a problem before I pressed the Face Frame button in another project.  Obviously the Face Frame button stores info in a db that seems to be opened every time I create a new project. 

I want to remove all of the faces that are stored in the persistent db, or I want a feature that optionally ignores them.

If you want to test this, I recommend you find a photo of people you never expect to include in your video.

• 6. Re: want to delete FACE frames (i.e.,  remove photo's analyzed info)
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

makingFamilyVideos

I did road test this before I posted.

I will look at this again as I go step by step through your latest post to determine where we are differing. I will post screenshots if necessary.

It is late now where I am so I will try to have my observations ready for posting in the morning.

Thanks for the follow up. Interesting question.

ATR

• 7. Re: want to delete FACE frames (i.e.,  remove photo's analyzed info)
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

makingFamilyVideos

My 12:45 am look, to be fine tuned in the light of day....

Face Frames/Focus Frames are green, and they can be deleted as I said. It is the Frame hint that is red. The Frame hint appears for a Face Frame/Focus Frame that has been analyzed and deleted. And, it can be converted back to a Face/Frame/Focus Frame by one click. If you double click, you get two focus frames.

You are double clicking the Frame hint to get your two Face Frames/Focus Frames.

That is my 12:45 am take on this, more in the morning. But, please read the following Adobe document if you have not already.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WSeffff8bffc802084-494411db12fd35452dd- 8000.html

I have been road testing all this using a group photo of relatives (8), Face Frames, deletions, etc. And, it all fits into place. I suspect practice is the answer to avoid mis-maneuvers. But more comments in the morning.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: want to delete FACE frames (i.e.,  remove photo's analyzed info)

Thank you for the link.  Hopefully you can help me with my revised question.  How do I turn off frame hints or delete them or undo an image analysis?

The frame hints (what I was calling face frames) are very distracting and slowing me down when I define a focus frame's pan and zoom attributes.

I work quickly.   When modifying a focus frame (e.g., grabbing its corner, or changing its hold or pan times), I find I'm creating unwanted focus frames because I accidentally click one of the many frame hints that intersect my focus frame.   Having so many frame hints appear as I move my cursor around is very distracting.

The image under Change Hold Time (i.e, in your link) illustrates a frame hint intersecting a focus frame.

• 9. Re: want to delete FACE frames (i.e.,  remove photo's analyzed info)
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

MakingFamilyVideos,

One possible workflow would be to manually Keyframe two Fixed Effects, Motion>Position and Motion>Scale.

Are you familiar with manually Keyframing Effects?

Coming from an advertising still background, I know exactly how I wish to do Pans & Zooms for each of my Images, and with Keyframing those Effects (Motion>Position = Pan, and Motion>Scale = Zoom), I can "hold" at any point, for as long as I want.

Such an operation (manually Keyframing those Effects) will take the Face Frames, etc., out of the mix.

Just one possibility.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: want to delete FACE frames (i.e.,  remove photo's analyzed info)
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

makingFamilyVideos

Just starting my day.

I think we are now in sync with what you want to do with the Pan and Zoom Tool Frame Hints.

I have the Face Frames and Focus Frames doing what I want them to do, with and without deletion of an analyzed frame so that a Frame Hint is left. I guess you could think about those Frame Hints as an "AutoSave" of sorts if you change your mind after deletion of an analyzed frame.

One way to get them out of the question would be "do not use Face Frames" and do your pan from person to person by adding new frames beyond the pre-made 2 when you open the Pan and Zoom workspace. Those Frame hints are generated only when after you delete an analyzed Face frame...no Face frame, no analysis.

But, what I am doing now is looking for where the information for the Frame hints may be embedded. My best guess was that they are in the Notepad document of the saved/closed project in which you are using the Pan and Zoom Tool.

However this morning's test results argue against that. This has all the aspect's of People Face Recognition feature of the Pan and Zoom Tool Face Frame that is program related rather than specific to any one project. And, the Pan and Zoom Tool Face Frame is not generating any people thumbnails in the Elements Organizer People when Pan and Zoom Tool's Face Frame is going its thing.

I found a Face Dector.dll in the Program Files for Premiere Elements 12, but have not been able, so far, to link it with getting rid of the concept of Frame hint.

More later.

ATR

• 11. Re: want to delete FACE frames (i.e.,  remove photo's analyzed info)

I solved the problem.  I copied the photo and used the copied photo.  I conjectured there is a database that knows the name of the photo and its associated analysis info.

Thanks for the info you supplied.

• 12. Re: want to delete FACE frames (i.e.,  remove photo's analyzed info)

Thanks for the suggestion. While I didn't try this idea yet, I'll keep it in mind for the future. 

95% of my family videos are still images that I wanted use the to pan and zoom tool instead of Keyframe.  I liked PrE12's pan & zoom tool until I foolishly tried the Face Frames to see what it did. 

As you can see above in my response to A.T. Romano, I solved the problem by using a copied photo.

• 13. Re: want to delete FACE frames (i.e.,  remove photo's analyzed info)
                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news, and thanks for reporting your success.

I understand wanting to use the Pan & Zoom Presets, as they are so easy (providing that everything works, as it should). Do keep the Keyframing ideas in the back of your head. Any time spent learning those techniques will pay dividends in the future, as most Effects can be Keyframed over time, and there is so much power in them. That power CAN become addictive... I seldom use many of the Presets, 'cause I find Keyframing easy, and keeps me in control 100%. I learned a few things from your post, and your interaction with ATR, regarding the Pan & Zoom Presets, so thank you for posting your questions.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 14. Re: want to delete FACE frames (i.e.,  remove photo's analyzed info)
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

makingFamilyVideos

Thanks for the great news that you have solved your problem by copying the photo that has been through the Pan and Zoom Face Frame analysis and using the copied version to be Frame Hint free.

What did you copy and did it have a name different than the analyzed one? I assume yes to new name.

What did you copy...the thumbnail of the file that was in Project Assets already and then dragged that copy with new name to the Premiere Elements Timeline, followed by Pan and Zoom Tool use?

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR