5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2014 8:50 PM by A.T. Romano

What is a "Plus" member and how do I become one?

phenning01

I recently opened a project in Premier Elements 10. It is a project I have used and reused over the last three years. When I opened it, I found out that the theme I used, Picture Cube, is now considered only for Plus Members and it will not load. I contacted Adobe Chat and asked how I can upgrade to Plus, and the guy on the other end claimed he couldn't help me. I wanted to pay money and he wouln't hook me up.

Does anybody know how I can gain access to a theme that I thought I could use forever or how to become a "Plus" member or what my options are now? I feel so stabbed in the back right now.

• 1. Re: What is a "Plus" member and how do I become one?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Adobe has abandoned Photoshop.com. It has been replaced, at certain levels, by Adobe Revel. See this forum list for Revel, to find out what is being offered, and how to convert a Photoshop.com membership to Revel: http://forums.adobe.com/community/revel

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: What is a "Plus" member and how do I become one?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

phenning01

Photoshop.com was discontinued for versions later than version 10. All the menus tagged photoshop.com plus members only are no longer available free or otherwise from within Premiere Elements versions 10 and earlier.

All is not lost but it come with consequences. Old Photoshop.com plus membership appears to be non existent. So much for that route to the menu of interest.

However, Adobe now has essentially all those photoshop.com plus members menus included as part of Premiere Elements 11 and 12, not strings like photoshop.com plus membership.

If that is acceptable to you, you could look at the Premiere Elements 12 tryout from Adobe to see if this latest version is compatible in your computer environment and has features that you require.

Please review the above and then decide what is in your best interests.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification on anything written.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On..reminder, we are not Adobe. We are Premiere Elements users trying to help other Premiere Elements users with their Premiere Elements workflows. We visit here unscheduled and are not affiliated with Adobe in any way.

• 3. Re: What is a "Plus" member and how do I become one?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

phenning01

Until proven otherwise, converting to Adobe Revel membership will not gain you the menus that you seek.

Those menus will come from Premiere Elements 11 or 12 which does not require Adobe Revel membership.

ATR

• 4. Re: What is a "Plus" member and how do I become one?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR.

Adobe Revel does not offer the limited, Additional Functional Content, that Photoshop.com Plus did. That is covered in the Revel FAQ's, which are listed in the links that I supplied. It is a replacement, of sorts, but with some differences, all outlined.

Hunt

• 5. Re: What is a "Plus" member and how do I become one?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

I just wanted to make sure that phenning01 was perfectly clear on Adobe Revel association with versions of Premiere Elements later than 10. In spite of FAQs, essentials can be missed on a first read that may have consequences later.

And, I have found out first hand that what Adobe Revel offers and does not offer is often hard to come by, FAQs and Forum. I found that to be particular the case in trying to sort through Adobe Revel presence in Premiere Elements 12 Add Menu and Publish+Share/Private Web Album.

ATR.