4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2006 6:40 PM by Newsgroup_User

Broadcast output with Director

naf-naf
      I am looking for some solution which allows me to put my scene into a broadcast video with a video card or an Xtra under Windows XP software . I did that some times before with Mac OS but I have never found a solution under Microsoft Windows O.S.
      Thanks a lot ...
        • 1. Broadcast output with Director
          Applied CD Level 1
          You can try exporting as an AVI but that never works well for me, the lingo gets ignored, there's no sound, etc...

When we get asked to turn part of a Director project into video we use a screen recording program called Camtasia ( http://www.techsmith.com) which can sustain a frame rate of about 25fps at 740 x 480 which is the largest you should ever need as long as you’re not dealing with HD video. If your Director stage is larger and you’re not happy with the frame rate I would consider scaling the stage in Director and take some of the load off of Camtasia. Once we’ve got a rough cut AVI we use Adobe Premiere for editing and Encore to master the DVD. The easiest way to get distortion free video is to make sure the aspect ratio of your stage matches your video target (4:3 or 16:9)
          • 2. Re: Broadcast output with Director
            Fragboy
            Maybe also looking into Scan Converters. Depending on the quality you want, Component will give you the best quailty, this will make text sharp. I woulds not go any lower then S-Video because composit is just does not have the croma of S-video. If you did it this way you would just out put to your Editor or deck and sound would come directly from your computer.

OR

Try exproting out as a sequence and importing that into your editing system, If you have one. Audio is going to be the tricky part as I think it does not export with the AVI or sequence. Maybe try playing on your computer and importing it into a editor then composit the two together.

good luck
            • 3. Re: Broadcast output with Director
              Level 7
              A scan converter or Camtasia, as Applied CD suggested, is likely your best
              option. Director has never been even remotely good at outputting to a video
              unfortunately. I used Camtasia a lot once, for a project, and it worked very
              well for me. I'm not actually sure there's another option.

--
              Dave -
              Adobe Community Expert
              www.blurredistinction.com
              http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

• 4. Re: Broadcast output with Director
                Level 7
                On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:16:00 GMT, naf-naf posted in
                macromedia.director.lingo:

> I am looking for some solution which allows me to put my scene into a
                > broadcast video with a video card or an Xtra under Windows XP software .
                > I did that some times before with Mac OS but I have never found a
                > solution under Microsoft Windows O.S.
                > Thanks a lot ...

And I'll go ahead and echo the previous suggestions-gestions-stions-ons...

One thing about scan converters, if you decide to go that route. If the
                idiom, "You get what you pay for." is true for any kind of product, it would
                be scan converters.

It's been years for me, but last I looked, well, don't even look at the cheap
                consumer or even the "prosumer" scan converters. Get a professional scan
                converter for broadcast quality.

--
                Mark A. Boyd
                Keep-On-Learnin' :)