3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2006 6:35 PM by kglad

loadMovie problem

Nealy5
      I am having a loadMovie problem I am making a portfolio site that uses the loadMovie function to navigate between external SWF pages. When a page is loaded however the screen snaps back to the original SWF before loading the page of which button you clicked on. This is the code I am using for each button action:

contactBtn.onRelease=function()
      {
      loadMovieNum("contact.swf",1);
      }

Any help would be fantastic.
        • 1. Re: loadMovie problem
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          your code will cause contact.swf will appear above your _level0 swf after contactBtn is released. if contactBtn is in _level0, contact will appear closer to the viewer than contactBtn's timeline.

what do you see?
          • 2. Re: loadMovie problem
            Nealy5 Level 1
            Thanks for the reply. Should each swf page be in a different level? I am basically just trying to navigate between pages using <loadMovieNum> and have each page transition into the next.
            • 3. Re: loadMovie problem
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              each swf doesn't have to be in a different level. whether it's a good idea to use different levels in your project, i'm unable to say because i don't know enough about your project.

in any case, if you want a transition effect, you need to play the outro transition of the currently loaded swf and then display the next swf. you can start you next swf loading while the outro is starting to minimize the user's wait-time for the next swf to load. but you'll need to load into a different level than the current swf occupies if you want the current swf's outro to be visible. you can use _levelN._visible=0, to keep everything in _levelN not visible until it's needed (when the outro finishes).