Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal Error 10024, 7687720, 7688010, 1007641 in FM10

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

I have researched this error message on the group thus far and have found no definitive answer. The file named in the dialog box does not exist on my machine. When I receive this error message, no FM files can be opened.

My workaround has been to rename the file I was working on and, after doing this enough times, the error goes away and I can resume work.

Would anyone have any further insight into this error message. Thank you for any help or guidance you can offer.

nankinnankin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path shown for the crash log may be in a hidden folder depending upon your login account settings. The folder location is where the individual user preferences are stored by FM.

As the crash window states, what were you doing when the crash happened?

Did FM create a recover file? Did you try to use that when you restarted FM? Is this happening with just the one file or at random with any file? etc.

The details of the error codes in these messages are only known to the Adobe engineers, which is why you are asked to send in the log file along with the description of what you were doing when it happened.

You might try doing a MIFwash (i.e. save the FM file in MIF format, open the MIF and re-save as binary .fm), in case there is any internal corruption in the FM file. The MIFwash process will tend to clean out things that FM doesn't recognize as valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arnis,

Thank you for your response.

I have revealed the hidden folders and sent the file to Adobe as directed. I was simply opening a file when the crash occurred. There was no recover file.  The error occurs when opening any FM file in any of my books either from my computer or the corporate backup drive. There was no recover file created.

nankinnankin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get a crash, check your consfile.txt file (this is the console window log) located in thee same folder as the FM crash log. This may provide a clue as to what FM was doing (or any error that it encountered) just before the crash.

Was the crash occurring when you opened the FM file from the book file or when you opened the FM file directly? Are these older FM version files? Have you tried the MIFwash on the files? If the problem is occurring from the book file, have you tried creating a new book file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is good to know there may be other alternatives. My suggestion to anyone who also encounters this error is to open the "corrupt" book file and rename the file, even if is is only to add or delete a letter from the filename. Then try reopening the FM 10 file.

NOTE: You may need to try this rename a few times before it works.

nankinnankin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nankinnankin,

OH gosh, I have looked and looked to find a way to get rid of this. It got so bad the other day, we just upgraded to FM12. So far, I haven't gotten the error....but I haven't been working in FM that much. Mine was happening when I would copy and paste and do some other little things. I would go up to save and then get the error...course crash! I also had it happen on opening as you have had. I had decided it just didn't like the fact that I was doing things quickly. I also tried the MIF wash...ect....

Anyway, just wanted you to know that you definately aren't alone. I have read several posts on this and they were all different.

Not an answer, but I hear ya!!!!

ls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines