There is a server issue and we are working to solve it ASAP. Most likely your upgrade to the latest version did not go through because of this.
We will post again, as soon as we have an update.
Thank you for your patience,
Service is now restored to normal. Please try launching FormsCentral again. Also, please post your results. If you continue to encounter problems I/we will help you to get your app running normal again.
Software Quality Engineer
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Jeff, (and Lucia)
Thanks for the responses and the update. I did try this again this afternoon and I am having the same issue as yesterday. Is there something I can try to fix this problem?
While I was waiting I thought I would go ahead and try uninstalling Acrobat Pro/FormsCentral. So I uninstalled it and then reinstalled using the Creative Cloud app and I still have the same issue as before - FormsCentral launches and gets stuck on the splash screen. When I click on it I get the Adobe FormsCentral and Window menus at the top of the screen and those menus work, but nothing else.
Something you can try is the built-in repair function of the FormsCentral app. In OS X do the following:
- Quit Acrobat XI
- Quit FormsCentral for Acrobat
- Launch the Termial application (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal.app)
- In the Terminal window type : "/Applications/Adobe\ Acrobat\ XI\ Pro/FormsCentral\ For\ Acrobat.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ FormsCentral -repair" then use the Enter key
This will launch FormsCentral for Acrobat and it should ask you to update after a few moments (if you have internet access).
If this doesn't fix your issue, please email me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
That did the trick! Thanks for your assistance... (unfortunately, I had already re-created the form manually in Acrobat Pro just to get it knocked out, but this will make it easier the next time I need to create a new one.)
Do you have a fix like this for Windows 7 PC's. I have 5 on a network that can't get by the splash screen.
For Windows the steps are very similar.
- Quit Acrobat XI
- Quit FormsCentral for Acrobat desktop application
- Open a Command Prompt window
- Type (with quotes) : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\FormsCentral\FormsCentralForAcrobat.exe" -repair
- Press Enter key