8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2015 9:54 AM by jcanepa

FormsCentral hangs on startup

WHMB TV Level 1

Hello,

Searched around for an answer to this, but didn't find any relevant information.  I created a couple of local PDF forms on my computer last week and needed to make a revision to one of them.  When I launched FormsCentral today it said it needed to update and it did and then it needed to restart.  Upon trying to restart it hangs on the splash screen and nothing else happens.  I can quit the program normally using command+Q and the menus at the top of the screen work, but it never gets past the splash screen.

I am on a Mac running OSX Mavericks, running the Creative Cloud version of Adobe software.  Acrobat Pro and Reader seem to be working normally.

Thanks,

Rob

• 1. Re: FormsCentral hangs on startup
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

There is a server issue and we are working to solve it ASAP.  Most likely your upgrade to the latest version did not go through because of this.

We will post again, as soon as we have an update.

Thank you for your patience,

Lucia

• 2. Re: FormsCentral hangs on startup
            jcanepa Adobe Employee

Service is now restored to normal.  Please try launching FormsCentral again.  Also, please post your results.  If you continue to encounter problems I/we will help you to get your app running normal again.

--

Jeff Canepa

Software Quality Engineer

Adobe Systems, Inc.

jcanepa@adobe.com

• 3. Re: FormsCentral hangs on startup
              WHMB TV Level 1

Jeff,  (and Lucia)

Thanks for the responses and the update.  I did try this again this afternoon and I am having the same issue as yesterday.  Is there something I can try to fix this problem?

• 4. Re: FormsCentral hangs on startup
                WHMB TV Level 1

While I was waiting I thought I would go ahead and try uninstalling Acrobat Pro/FormsCentral.  So I uninstalled it and then reinstalled using the Creative Cloud app and I still have the same issue as before - FormsCentral launches and gets stuck on the splash screen.  When I click on it I get the Adobe FormsCentral and Window menus at the top of the screen and those menus work, but nothing else.

Thanks,

Rob

• 5. Re: FormsCentral hangs on startup
                  jcanepa Adobe Employee

Something you can try is the built-in repair function of the FormsCentral app.  In OS X do the following:

• Quit Acrobat XI
                  • Quit FormsCentral for Acrobat
                  • Launch the Termial application (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal.app)
                  • In the Terminal window type :  "/Applications/Adobe\ Acrobat\ XI\ Pro/FormsCentral\ For\ Acrobat.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ FormsCentral -repair" then use the Enter key

This will launch FormsCentral for Acrobat and it should ask you to update after a few moments (if you have internet access).

If this doesn't fix your issue, please email me directly (jcanepa@adobe.com).

-Jeff

• 6. Re: FormsCentral hangs on startup
                    WHMB TV Level 1

That did the trick!  Thanks for your assistance...  (unfortunately, I had already re-created the form manually in Acrobat Pro just to get it knocked out, but this will make it easier the next time I need to create a new one.)

Thanks again,

Rob

• 7. Re: FormsCentral hangs on startup
                      pothier2 Level 1

Do you have a fix like this for Windows 7 PC's.  I have 5 on a network that can't get by the splash screen.

• 8. Re: FormsCentral hangs on startup
                        jcanepa Adobe Employee

For Windows the steps are very similar.

• Quit Acrobat XI
                        • Quit FormsCentral for Acrobat desktop application
                        • Open a Command Prompt window
                        • Type (with quotes) : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\FormsCentral\FormsCentralForAcrobat.exe" -repair
                        • Press Enter key